Writing Resources!

A few days ago I asked for some good writing resources from you guys, and I had some awesome people that gave me resources of all different kinds! Below, you will find categorized lists and descriptions of these resources for easy access. If you have any more recommendations, throw them in the comments and I will add them to the list! Also, I'll rec this list any time I update it!

Writing Tumblrs

So You Want to Make an OC? - this Tumblr has a huge master list with a bunch of links to different things about creating an OC. This one is a real gem and if you only check out one writing Tumblr, I'd suggest this one!

WriteWorld - this Tumblr is awesome for everything involving grammar and vocabulary. This is great for anyone who needs a little touch up on their grammar or has some confusion about any grammar rules.

The Writer's Archive has a ton of links to some really great story development things. Some of the links are broken, though, so choose wisely.

Character Development

Fictional Character Outline - this site has some pretty basic forms for keeping track of the details about your characters. It's great for getting some backstory and keeping things straight, especially in the later stages of a story when some things may not be so fresh.

Create Character Profiles - this site has some great tips for creating a good character. Instead of giving you forms to fill out, it gives solid tips on how to create a fleshed out character.

Writing

Said Replacements - this site gives you plenty of words to use instead of the classic 'said'.

Eyes & Hair - this site gives you lots of options for describing characters' hair and eyes.

Facial Expressions - this site gives a bunch of different facial expressions. I have a feeling this will come in handy.

Went: The Reprise - this site has more ways to say 'went' than I would have ever thought possible.

Goodbye, Very - this site has 45 different ways to avoid using the word 'very'. They aren't replacements for very, but more ways to say things better. For example, instead of 'very old', they give you 'ancient'.

Generators

Name Generator - this site generates character names, which is particularly good for minor characters.

Title Generator - this site generates random titles. Perfect for anyone who gets stumped when naming their stories.

Romance Plot Generator - this site generates random romance plots, which is actually pretty cool. It gave me a few silly ones, but also some that were surprisingly good.

Special thanks to She Said Poptarts, kitsch, the 1975, CoolStory.Lynn, aubs and ptvjamie for giving me some resources!
March 14th, 2014 at 02:55am