Why where we've been leads to us to where we are

Life is like the ocean. At times, the waters are rough and the tides turn at the worst possible time, yet it can also have smooth sailing; pushing you onwards in the right direction. The biggest thing to take away from these storms at sea that you must always learn something from it. Humans are far from perfect. We make mistakes and fall down, but so long as we learn to get back on our feet, we can keep moving forward.

I think it's important to apply what you've learned as you continue to live your life. When you have a shitty relationship, learn from it. Know that you're worth so much more than a guy who's going to treat you like dirt because he's a grade A asshole. Learn that some people are diamonds in the rough, and that a dark past doesn't have to make you a dark person.

Maybe you've learned what you need. And isn't that an awesome feeling? To know what you want, an idea of what you're looking for? Maybe you need space: time to just be you, pursue your hopes and dreams without anyone else standing in your way. Maybe you know that you need someone in your life who can take you on adventures, or just sit with you and drink a mug of coffee while you sip your tea. Maybe you need to curl up with a good book while a thunderstorm rages outside. Maybe you need a pillow fort and a marathon of Disney movies to remind you of the simpler things.

What's important is that you know that where you've been has led you to where you are. Your past is a part of you, like the freckles on your nose, it's inseparable; you've got to learn to at least put up with your past if not love it in some sense. Whatever you've been through, it's gotten you to where you are now, but it doesn't define you. It's simply a part of you.

You can grow to be so much more than you ever thought you could possibly be.

You are limitless.
March 14th, 2014 at 07:21pm