Getting back into graphics- story banners, anyone?

I don't know how it happened, but somewhere along the way of me allowing stress take over my life, I stopped making graphics.

It saddens me because I use to love making banners for others and just knowing I was doing good. But I had my reasons and they weren't all my fault.

I was busy with work and starting a new job, as well as kick starting my training. I had my friend back from ski season and I spent my free time with her or my boyfriend. I love being outside so I was beginning to spend more and more time on my phone on Mibba, rather than my laptop, which was the only place I could access photoshop.

But one of the main reasons was the people who demanded them from me. Those who didn't thank me or didn't credit me like i always politely asked. And those who would ask banner after banner from me and wouldn't even end up using a single one because they didn't even start the story.

This was a small percentage of people and the majority of those who did request, were thankful and gave me my credit. They might have asked for more than one but it wasn't a demand, they would word it as I didn't have to do all them but they were there if I wanted to and had a spare moment.

But I'm over it and have decided to test drive this first. So, I have decided I will make three banners for three different people. ONE each and I will not be making any more than THREE until my mind has been changed. If these go smoothly I will open up more request spots.

So my terms are simple:
- ask politely. I'm a human being who doesn't respond to demands. Say please and thank you and you shall win yourself into my heart.
- credit me if banner is used. This can be in the author notes or the summary page. I'm happy with either. I just want to be recognised for my hard work.
- don't push me every day. I won't take forever to make them, but depending on inspiration, my time can vary from a few hours to a week. I try not to exceed 7 days.

What I need in your request:
- I need the size. It doesn't have to be exact measurements, you can simply say 'I prefer it to be a thin long banner' or 'I would like it to be square and equal'. If you really don't have a preference then that's fine.
- face claims for your characters. I need names (preferred) or pictures supplied to me. Example: 'I would like a picture of Harry styles, preferably with his hair slicked back.'
If a person has had many haircuts or looks, tell me if you have a preference on which look! Oh and if you supply pictures they must be good quality and not be just of a face, no missing limbs would also be a plus.
- title. Simple really. Tell me if you want it included, if you do and have a preference on font, colours or size, let me know.
- do you want a quote added? I ask that it isn't ridiculously long.
- blended stock or images. Basically any pictures you want as well as the face claims. Could be a clock, a heart- anything.
- colour scheme. Tell me the colours you want the banner to focus on. Is it dark or light?
- this is a must- link me the story. It has to have at least one chapter posted for me to consider accepting the request. This is simply because I've made too many banners that never see the light of day because the story doesn't.
-anything else you can think of, let me know!

I will be starting them tomorrow if I get the requests through. If you would like to see examples of my work then I shall link some to you because right now I'm on my phone and can't, sorry!

I look forward to getting back into graphics; especially banners!
Thank you <3
March 15th, 2014 at 04:51pm