What does your name mean? + Etsy

So last night (and by last night I mean this morning at 1 or 2) I decided to look up what my name means. I've never met anyone with the same name as me, though some of my friends say that they have.

Now would be a good time to mention my name is Eleen. Image So anyway, after some extensive Googling that required -eileen -ellen -aleen -eleven YES "ELEVEN" WOWWOWOWOWOW I have come to the conclusion that it means "light" or "bearer of light". And it's Greek.

Funnily enough my English name came after my Chinese name. Which sounds exactly the same. Just in Chinese. Also it's so weird cos I once asked my mum who came up with my Chinese name and she said my grandpa and so when later on I mentioned my grandpa came up with it, she kind of went all "um yeah I came up w/ your name w/ your dad".

What.



In other news my favourite Japanese person and I want to make money, so we want to start an Etsy shop or two, but we've no clue what to sell. Or make. Actually we've got some ideas but we kind of need to narrow them down. We've already decided we'd do one shop for like fandom type things and another one for regular artsy craftsy things.

I think it'd be super cool to take some square canvas boards that are like what 10x10cm and just make super cool landscapes on them. In graphic design last year we had to make posters so I made one with a night sky and snowcapped mountains and the mountains actually came from my old jeans. IT LOOKS REALLY COOL. I'd take a photo but my mum framed it and so it gives off a horrible glare every time I try. -sigh-

Honestly I just want money for stupid shit. Like clothes. Because I want to dress weird and funky even though I don't think I'm 100% brave enough to dress weird and funky. I think it'd also help me be able to talk to people a bit more but I don't know where that idea came from.

Yeah.

Peace.
March 16th, 2014 at 04:12am