So, I found some of my old stories.

A couple of days ago, I found my old Ipod, the one I used to save all of my stories to. Naturally, I plugged it into my laptop to have a look, for nostalgia, but holy shit. Never have I been so aware of how bad of a writer I was when I was 14/15. I mean, 90% of it was Lostprophets, which made it difficult to read, for obvious reasons, but even if it hadn't been, the spelling and grammar issues on almost every word almost brought me to tears. And the plot lines, Jesus Christ, the horrifically shit plot lines. I used some really stupid reasons to get my original characters into the same rooms as bands. Even when there wasn't any OC's, the plot lines were gut wrenchingly stupid. And don't even start me on the angst. I read what had to be nearly 100 stories I'd barely started, and almost all of them started out with my main character having a freaky in one way or another. Thank God all but a tiny amount of them never saw the light of day. I know I'm not the best writer in the world now, but for the love of God, if my writing ever gets that bad again, someone please make sure I get checked for head injuries, and if there are none, make sure I'm sectioned, because writing that bad must surely mean I've lost the plot (pun entirely intended).
March 16th, 2014 at 03:44pm