What do I do?

So, I've been feeling like this boy (who is my best friend) likes me. We were hanging out two nights ago and I decided to ask him. He said yes and then asked me how I felt and I told him that I was confused. But then, like ten minutes later, we kissed... a lot... and it got heated. I totally take responsibility for that, though. I sort of initiated those. I stopped it, however, and then we pushed apart.

BUT! He did something that was really, really weird. All of a sudden he goes, "What would you do if I just dropped my pants?" I was shocked! I told him that he better not. He did, though. I closed my eyes and covered my face until he pulled them back up. He said, "See? You can't even look at me." Apparently he thought that I was scared of him sexually.

After that I felt weird. He kept asking me how I felt, saying he was now confused about how I felt about him... And then, a little later, he started being an asshole. It was pretty late and we were both tired... But he was being a real asshole. I told him he was being one, but he just kept on so I asked him to take me home.

He didn't say one word to me the entire time in the car. I kept asking him why he was mad... I asked him if he was done and he just nodded.

What gets me is that after the kissing, he said that we could just go back to being friends because I was too confused and he just thought that was best right now. I said that was fine, if that's what he wanted but I didn't think we could go back to the way things were after kissing like that.

I didn't hear from him until about noon yesterday. He sent me a text message apologizing, but I didn't say anything back. I just need time to figure it all out. However, this morning when I got on Facebook, I see that he's posted a status that basically is telling me that he no longer considers me a friend and that's okay. And, in my book, people who are immature enough to post shit like that are most definitely not the kind who I want to be around.

I feel like this is sort of my fault because I initiated the kisses. But, like I said, I explained to him beforehand that this was not me trying to lead him on. And then, afterwards, I kept apologizing and he kept saying that I had nothing to apologize for. It was like he was perfectly okay with us kissing, forgetting about it, and then trying to go back to how things were beforehand.

What do I do now? Do I send him a text message? What do I say?

I just have no idea how to navigate situations like these, to be honest. This is the kind of thing that never happens to me, so any help would be much appreciated it.
March 16th, 2014 at 06:13pm