My favorite quotes

So as a writer, I'm obsessed with words. Words and the constructions of them completely astound me. One of my favorite things to do when I hear something I enjoy, I write it down. I've come across a million things that I've read, heard, seen and they just.. stick.

I think quotes define a person. Your favorite quotes say a lot about who you are or who you were when you liked those words because somehow, you related to someone else. In that moment, that construction of letters and words together made you feel something and it made you remember them.

Randomly I felt like sharing some of my favorite quotes. I won't even explain why, or what they even mean. I feel like the why doesn't matter and the meaning is ambiguous; everyone experiences things differently. But maybe you'll gather a thing or two about me by just reading some of my favorite quotes by people, movies, books, TV shows and anonymous sources alike.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-The Great Gatsby

"Everybody makes it ti' they don't."
-Bob, The Walking Dead

"The mast of a boat, a silver parachute, Mag's laughter, Beetee's trident, Annie in her wedding dress, waves breaking over a rock. Then it's over."
-Mockingjay

"Lets do some gratuitous violence."
-Murphy, The Boondock Saints

"When a woman who has much to say says nothing, her silence can be deafening."
-King Mongkut, Anna and the King

"Declarations of love amuse me, especially when unrequited."
-Jace Wayland, City of Bones

"Torched the haystack, found the needle."
-Anonymous

"My cup runneth over."
-Grandma, Hope Floats

"Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?"
-Isaiah 66:8

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
-Philippians 4:13

"Be your own anchor."
-Melissa McCall, Teen Wolf

Some of them are pretty random and probably seem weird, but they're my favorite quotes for a lot of different reasons, none of them being anything very simple. Most of the meanings I've given each of them is really complex, hence me not taking the time to explain them. But if you're particularly curious about one, just ask me in a comment and I'll answer haha.

What're your favorite quotes? I want to know!
March 17th, 2014 at 05:57am