I hate telling people I have my tongue pierced.

Whenever I mention that I have my tongue pierced, the conversation goes downhill fast. Mainly it's online and involves guys. Yes, I get that having a tongue piercing has a reputation but honestly people don't just get the piercing for sexual reasons. Believe it or not. I got it mainly because my mom wouldn't let me get anymore facial piercings and I wanted at least one more artificial hole. So we agreed on my tongue. She liked it because she got to make fun of me when I had a lisp for like two weeks.

Ok but back on track. I hate mentioning it when people ask what piercings I have because they take it as an invite to be perverted. Like can't you talk to me like a normal person? Honestly if we would have met in person and talked, you can't tell I have it pierced unless I get majorly tongue tied and I start to lisp (I've noticed that happens now). Or if you're like staring into my mouth when I'm talking, which is sorta creepy. Lip reading is one thing, but staring into my mouth is another.

Seriously, get to know me first before you start talking dirty and perverted towards me. I'm not my piercings. I've got a personality and sense of humor. Just because I have a piercing that has a reputation doesn't mean I'm going to go towards the reputation. Out of all the guys that have made comments, only one guy ever stood up for me. Telling every other guy off. I don't remember that guy's name but what he did will stick with me forever. Out of a sea of guys saying that the only reasons a girl would get a tongue piercing is merely for sexual reasons, this guy agreed with me saying that a girl can do whatever she wants with her body; that the piercing doesn't have to be just strictly sexual.

I hate being judged because I have my tongue pierced. It's annoying and unneeded.

My rant of the night. thanks for reading.
March 18th, 2014 at 06:52am