Miss Movin' On

I'm at that point in my life, where I'm just ready to make some cuts again. 'Cause I just feel like... if you don't accept me and my life, then why do you bother calling yourself my friend? I'm just tired of having to censor myself around people that call themselves my friend, and I'm tired of friendships where it isn't a give AND take. It shouldn't be a handful of "common" interests that keep us linked. I should feel like you genuinely care for me as a person.

Yes, I like to have drinks occasionally. No, I don't need you to look down on me as a person for it. Having a beer with my dinner does not mean that I'm going to end the night dancing on tables. I'm allowed to enjoy myself occasionally.

I have a boyfriend. He is a huge part of my life, and my working toward building a life with him is a part of me growing up. I hate that this has weakened my friendship with some, just because they won't accept this. I won't apologize for being happy anymore.

Yes, I wear make up. You're not better than me because you choose not to. I think it's awesome that you don't feel the need to, but please respect me and my love for experimenting and enhancing my view of myself. It's my body, not yours.

Yes, I like hockey. If I get excited with you about the things that you like, you can at least pretend to care about the things I like. Give and take, remember? Don't expect me to always get happy for you, if you can't even pretend to get happy for me. I don't require much from a friendship, but I want to feel like the things I say aren't being said to a brick wall. If you really don't care, then just tell me. I'll stop wasting my breath then.

I am always there for you. I listen to all of your worries, I cry with you when you're hurting, and I fiercely try to protect you the best that you can because when you're my best friend, you're like a sister. But when I can't even rely on you one time, I begin to wonder why I'm stupid enough to keep allowing you to use me as a sound board. Give and take is becoming the main theme here, guys.

Yes, I am overly nice sometimes and I like doing nice things for people. But I don't like this being exhausted or bragged about. I do nice things because I like making others happy, I don't like being put on the spot.

These are just a handful of things that have been really wearing thin on me lately. I adore the people in my life, I really do, but sometimes there's only so much I can handle before I feel like I'm about to go crazy. It's all the little things that add up over time.
March 20th, 2014 at 07:25pm