A little help from my friends?

Alright, I need help/advice/opinions.

I'm beginning an Avenged Sevenfold inspired AU story (well, actually I've already written a 1 and 1/2 chapters) and at this point, it's written in 1st person point of view. I'll admit, this is the p.o.v I've always felt most comfortable writing in and the only one I've ever really done when it comes to multi-chapter stories.

The problem is that the plot I have planned out, I'm beginning to think will be best suited to third person point of view. There's some twists and turns I have planned that I don't necessarily want the main character to know, but the readers need to know, so that will be hard to pass along with out adding multiple points of view.

To give a bit more background, the main characters are both quite guarded and have complex and dark pasts. The male is very mysterious and has quite the few skeletons in his closet and the female has a bit of her own dirty laundry that she isn't particularly proud of and doesn't like to air.

At first I was alright with the idea of switching between my female's point of view and the males, not necessarily every other chapter, but fairly regularly. However, now I'm not so sure. I feel like if I do that, I might give away too much insight into the characters and their lives before I necessarily want to, since internal dialogue comes into it so much more with first person p.o.v.

The reason I'm hesitant to do third, is because as I said before, it's not the p.o.v I generally use, so I'm worried it wont be my best work. This plot has been in my head for a really long time and I have lots of ideas for it that I've been dying to write, so I'm afraid my lack of experience with writing in 3rd is going to ruin it.

Argh. I'm so damn torn! If it seems like regardless of my hesitation that 3rd is gonna be the best option, I don't mind having to re-write the work since it is only 1 & 1/2 chapters so far, I just want to do what's right for the plot.

Not that it's vital information, but the story is titled 'Twisted by Design' and the main male character will be modeled off of Matt (M. Shadows). The rest of the band will also feature as side characters, but the band won't exist. I've mostly just borrowed their names and physical appearances for the story and made up my own personalities that are only loosely influenced based off what I know about them. Like most fan fictions, really. Haha.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Vote for a point of view and tell me what you think will work best ::smile2:
March 21st, 2014 at 05:24pm