A blog for my contest winner...heroes.!

Hello everyone! A few weeks ago I hosted a contest and the winner of it was mibba user heroes. with her hilarious and equally heartbreaking story By Your Side.

This story is off the charts amazing. I can't even describe how good it is. Like seriously especially if you like slash. It will break your heart.

Excerpt:
"I'm not gone. I'm still here, dork."

He shakes his head, because I swear, he's always doing that. He turns towards me, looking all sad but he has a hint, just a hint of a smile. Normally, when that happened before, I would push up the corners of his mouth and make him smile. Can't do that anymore. Not really.

Fuck.

"Yeah, but I can't touch you, idiot." He rubs his eyes and mutes the television and starts to add, "It's like you're not even h--" I know what he was going to say. He doesn't have to finish and he doesn't have to give me that look, that apologetic and sorry and adorable look.

"You can touch yourself, stupid," I shoot back.


Here are some questions I asked me winner just so you can get to know her a little better.

Q: What inspired you to write By Your Side?

A: Well, the picture for sure, and the fact that I actually enjoy having ghosts as major characters. I try and push them in a more lighthearted spotlight, because ghosts are associated with death, and death isn't always light, y'know? But I really wanted to have a ghost character, and the picture had me thinking, and I somehow found a way to squeeze what I wanted out of that prompt.

Q: How did you come up with the idea from the picture?

A: I saw the phrase "Everybody dies," and I knew it was true; everyone does. Grandparents, parents, siblings, friends, significant others and strangers. I started thinking about having a significant other dying, and I knew that was the direction I was going. But the picture had a lot of bright colors, too bright for a really morbid peace, and that lead to a bit of light. Thank goodness for that picture!

Q: What was the most challenging part of writing it?

A: I think trying to balance the lighthearted pieces of the boys with the darker, heavier moments. I didn't want it to slide too fast into saddening territory, but I didn't want way too much fluff, because in the end, reality sinks in on John and Daniel, and I sort of wanted to convey that feeling to everyone. I like to feel as though I got a good balance in the end. Y'know, hopefully, hah. The ending was also a little bit of trouble for me, because I had about three different ways it could have ended. One of them was definitely far darker and more depressing than the original, and I couldn't bare to do it. The other two were also a little sadder than the original, but I'm happy with where it ended up going.

Q: What is your favorite genre to write?

A: Does bandfiction count as a genre? Haha! Hm, I like to write romance, probably because I am a hopeless romantic, but I don't limit myself to the fluffy cute side of love. I know there's a darker half, and it's so heartbreakingly interesting to write about. Romance, realistic fiction, those two are definitely my favorite.

Q: What are some other stories or poems that you've written on here that you'd like your fellow mibbians to know about?

A: 5) Well, I am really, really proud of Breathe, a one-shot I wrote a while ago that I ended up falling in love with. <3 Um, there is another one-shot I wrote that, for once, had nothing to do with romance. It's called It's All Alright and it's about singer Oli Sykes and his young son, Cameron, and the difficulties they run into on the way and I can't say much more than that. ;) And finally, there's a chaptered fanfiction that I am really proud of (it hasn't been updated in a moment, but I'm working!) called Too Lost to Sing, mainly about Andy - who is a fallen angel that wants nothing more than to get back to Heaven - and Ashley - who is also a fallen angel, but has no interest in getting back. It's a Black Veil Brides AU, so you don't need any knowledge about them to read it. I feel like if I push out any other stories, I'll be smacked, so I'll stop here! That's a long paragraph. Goodness. I'm blushing now, eep.

Okay that's it but I seriously recommend you check out heroes.'s stories. They're so amazing and she's a great writer!
March 23rd, 2014 at 01:29am