So I Saw Divergent Today....

OH MY GOD.
GO AND SEE IT.
IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD.

The reviews I guess aren't good, but whatever. I loved the book so I was going to see the movie regardless of reviews. And I was actually really happy with it.

I think a lot of the reviews decided to compare it to The Hunger Games which is unfair. And people are getting sick of these YA movies. But I don't know, it excites me to see some of my favorite books being made into movies. And I think it's hard for a 40 year old male movie critic to judge the success of anything YA (unless he is also a YA novelist).

But really it was awesome. It was almost spot-on to the book, which was impressive. And the acting was great, and even thought I knew what was going to happen the upsetting parts were STILL upsetting. And I really hope they make the other two.

I dunno. Just wanted to let you all know that it's legitimately a good movie. And if you read the book/want to read the book it's worth a watch. Even if you've never heard of it and you like dsytopia. I know it gets compared to The Hunger Games a lot (because of a strong female lead in a failing dystopian society). But really they aren't anything alike as far as plot.

It seems like an unfair comparison to me. Sure there are similarities but just because they're both books about a girl who lives in a dystopia doesn't mean they are the same. Katniss and Tris are so different they aren't even worth comparing.

And don't even get me on the differences in plot. The stories aren't even on the same plain.

Has anyone else gone to see it yet? Any thoughts on my crazy ramblings?

xoxo.
March 23rd, 2014 at 04:18am