Story Facepalm.

How many of you have sat down and started a new story that you really used your imagination for and were proud of? Feels pretty good to write something unique that not everyone has written over and over before right? Well you end up going along with your story happily and you regularly update it. All is well until you stumble across a story written by someone else with almost the SAME plot. You automatically facepalm because then you have to worry people will think you copied that story, especially if their story was written FIRST.

Now mind you their story is still different from your own. It could even be a different type of fiction. Still, you think about it. You know you never read their story before so you know you didn't steal or copy them it just still feels funny. It's interesting how coincidental things can be. Of course with any story people write there 's a chance that SOMETHING in the story will seem similar to something written before by someone else. It's hard to really be 100% original anymore because almost every idea has been done. I think you just have to put your personal spin on it and hope for the best. I'm not into copying people 's work whatsoever. Taking someone elses hard work and trying to pass it off as your own is pretty pathetic and low. Does anyone else ever come across stories similar to your own whether it just be small details or full plot lines? How do you feel about it?
March 24th, 2014 at 01:48pm