HIMYM: The End of the Line

I don't know how many people actually watch this show here, but I feel like writing another half-review, half-rant, and this time it's about How I Met Your Mother's latest episode.

I'm gonna start off this post by saying that I am a huge fan of How I Met Your Mother, I've started watching them in like.. 2009, I think? And I've been watching every single episode ever since, never even missed one.

This is one of the shows that I hold dearly to my heart, because it's one of the only ones that I have stuck with since the beginning, and I became close to some of my earlier best friends because of this show. It just means a lot to me.

However, I must say that I am pretty disappointed with the latest episode. It was the episode when Barney and Robin finally got married, and it showed how Robin finally met The Mother.

There was one little scene that I loved though, which was when Marshall and Lily 'renewed' their vows because it was so romantic and it just made so much sense. But it didn't make me cry.

I was expecting the last few episodes to tear me apart, but it didn't make me cry! Season 9 was great, especially with the presence of The Mother (whom I loved), but overall it wasn't as epic as I hoped it would be.

I did cry a few times throughout the season though, like when I watched the episode where Barney gave away his notes about the Playbook to two random bros. I was sobbing so hard to the passing of Barney's teaching. Most of the questions that we have been asking were answered (though I still don't know where did the pineapple come from), and the fact that Marshall did his last slap right before Barney got married was just a little cherry on top. But-- just-- I don't know.. Something still feels a little off.

It had been such a bittersweet season for me. It's funny, because what I feel from watching HIMYM's last season is totally different from watching Friends'. I straight up loved Friends', but HIMYM just gave me crazy mixed feelings.

Anyway, all I wanted to say is that this second to last ep was quite a let down. I've seen some of the better HIMYM episodes, okay. Those episodes in season 9 when Ted had actually met The Mother were perfect, they were both so loveable and the foreshadowing was spot on, but this one is not so much.

This episode still left a huge whole on my heart though, remembering that there is only one episode left to the series.

I just hope that they can reach up to the expectations that they have built up over the past few years. I really do.
March 25th, 2014 at 03:51pm