Nobody Reads These

Seriously, no one reads these. I am absolutely positive of that fact. Not that it matters; I mean, it’s mostly just me ranting and raving about nothing and everything all at once. That’s what blogs are for, right? Right. I think.

First, just a general update I suppose: I found myself a lovely boy. That guy I mentioned a couple times in previous blogs (one of which I deleted in a panic) chose me. Yes, he chose me, like I’m a Pokemon. I’ve known him for five years and we’ve been best friends that whole time, so it feels like we’ve been together for a lot longer than we have. Anyway, this is just gonna be a short and sweet paragraph because I don’t wanna be one of those people that goes on and on about their significant other, much to the annoyance of those around them or, in this case, those reading their blog. Basically, he makes me very happy and he’s extremely sweet and most importantly, we’re kind to one another. We still act like we’re friends even though we’re more than that, and I think that’s really important in a relationship. Now, let’s leave the cheesy stuff in the dark and move on to the real juicy part, shall we? He’s a firefighter, and that’s a good thing because hot damn is he on fire. I’m talking he is a fiery blaze of hotness and he can put me out anytime if you know what I’m saying. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Alright, that’s enough of that for now. I apologize. Moving on to more disheartening things: I am absolutely stressed and entirely deprived of sleep. It’s the end of the term here at university, which means term papers up the wazoo and finals all April. So, while I’ve been cramming to finish up a 12 page paper on asylum architecture (which I did finish), a 5 page paper on the poverty crisis in Canada from a conflict theory perspective (which I also JUST finished), a 4 page paper on the social views and Eden myth in “Goblin Market” by Christina Rossetti, AND a 10 page critical book review of a 320 page book on the British Empire, I have yet to study a single thing for finals. You can see why I’m stressed, I assume. I have until Thursday to finish my English paper and Monday to finish my book review (its due Friday but I got an extension). Plus, on top of all that, I’ll have hardly any time this weekend to wrap up my book review, as my boyfriend is coming in Friday night and a friend I haven’t seen in awhile is coming to see me on Saturday. So really, I’ll have part of Friday after classes and part of Saturday before she gets here and all of Sunday to work on it. Hopefully that’s enough. Ugh. I realize I’m talking to myself more than to whoever may be reading this right now. Deal with it.

On another topic, I’ve learned I actually enjoy proofreading things for people, whether its stories or essays or whatever. I’ve been proofreading papers a lot this year for friends and, while I make a lot of corrections in my “professional teacher status” red ink, I feel really good being able to help them. I feel like I did a good thing when they say they feel more confident with what they’re handing in. Granted, I’m not a professional or anything, but friends seem to trust me with improving their grades, which I take as a huge compliment. This was just a random side note. It had nothing to do with the main point of this blog. Oh wait, there isn’t one of those!

You can probably tell between the lines here that I’m slowly losing my mind. I just need it to be the 18th of April so I can go back home to the countryside and get out of this godforsaken city, and then I need it to be the 25th of April so I can totally be done with finals and have the summer all to myself. Also, I just really need a good sleep. I haven’t had one of those in quite some time. What are they like again?

Also, in relation to my busy schedule and stress-filled quarter life crisis, updates on my stories are going to be few and far between for a little bit. A couple people have been hounding me for updates and, while I sincerely appreciate the eagerness, I just hope you understand that I can’t take the time to write updates right now for anything. Hopefully after the 31st I’ll get some creative time to myself, but until then don’t expect anything new from me. I hate taking forever to update, believe me. But I just can’t manage it right now with everything else I’ve got going on. Hopefully you can all understand and respect that. For all of my stories I have literally nothing to post at the moment, so, it’s going to take me some time to get an update. I apologize if this affects you.

Sincerely hoping I survive these next few weeks,
fall0ut
March 26th, 2014 at 06:00am