Fictional deaths I will never get over (may contain spoilers)

I'm sitting at my house bored listening to a Teen Wolf playlist and it just made me think about all the damn characters in fiction that I think have been the most pointless deaths. Like the kind of death that didn't contribute to anything, in TV shows, movies, and books alike. So you know what? I'm making a list of deaths I'm never going to get over.

Here's to all those characters that you could not figure out why they were killed. Here's to all the tears you shed because writers couldn't seem to effectively remove a character from the story without giving them a death that did them no justice. Here's to those characters that you feel like they could have left. And here's to the characters who's deaths were justified, but you're just fucking mad they died.

Look away if you are afraid of spoilers. The following will include parts from Teen Wolf, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, The Vampire Diaries/ The Originals, Supernatural, and The Walking Dead.

Seriously, click away from this page if you don't want it ruined.


Okay. If you haven't looked away by now then that's your own fault. You've ruined it for yourself. In fact, I'm even rambling here in this piece to give you space between the top of this page and the pictures of my fallen people that I miss just in case you scroll too far down and you see someone. Isn't that considerate of me? I think it is. Because I get sad when I know who dies in stuff. Sometimes, anyways. I hope you're averted to a new page by now. Okay. Let's start.

In Teen Wolf

Image
Fucking Boyd. Vernon fucking Boyd. I'm still upset that he died. I understand that the writers wanted to make the alpha pack ruthless, but I still don't see why they had to fucking kill Boyd. He was so fucking chill and he was so nice and there was SO MUCH ROOM FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. I don't understand how they gave us an amazing PoC character, hint that his sister died because of him, and then they kill him off instead of making him develop into a fleshed out, developed character who learns to deal with his guilt while also being a werewolf. Do you see how amazing that could have been? But no. They offed him.

Image
People who try and justify Erica Reyes' death by saying she was a bitch are people you don't need in your life. Of course I'm including Erica after Boyd, because like Boyd, she was just killed off because the writers seemed not to need her. Erica went from a bullied, epileptic girl to a smoking hot girl who would do anything for her best friend. And they killed her off. Anyone who tries to say that Erica wasn't a good character or tried to contribute is wrong. She had a lot of room to grow and she could have been amazing.

Image
Okay so maybe killing Kali was justified. She was a member of the villains group, but notice that her and the other guy Enis were the only ones killed? She was an amazing female character who gave a fuck about no one, could be brought down by no one, and who kicked everyone's ass. She was exactly what her name led her to be- a warrior. She was obviously named after the Hindu goddess Kali, the goddess of empowerment and destruction. But you know, instead of letting her live like the twins and Deucalion, they killed her because I guess it's technically 'her fault' Jennifer/ Julie became a darrach. Whatever.

Image
If you can give me one legit reason to kill one twin and not the other for purposes other than shock value/ being a sadist to your audience, feel free. Because I'm still extremely unsure why they decided that it was appropriate to attempt to overshadow Allison's death as well as fail at making Aiden's death worth anything because the entire audience is still upset over Allison. So I mean if you have a better reason than the writers just itching to kill more people, feel free to let me know.

Image
The queen of all ridiculous deaths. Thankfully, most of the fandom agrees with me on this one. It was no secret how upset the entire fandom was with this death because not only was it obnoxious, but it was so unneeded. Instead of sending Allison off somewhere else like they did with Jackson, or like they're doing with Ethan, or like they're doing with Isaac and Papa Argent, they straight up fucking killed Allison. Reed was let out of her contract with TW on request, but that didn't mean they had to kill her fucking character. And you know what made it worse? That it was used as pure shock value, and that in the episode following her death, they didn't even give her character time to mourn. They hardly talked about what had happened. What did they do? They made the episode over shadow the death of a central, strong, female lead by: defeating the villain, killing another core cast member, and introducing a new villain. If that doesn't scream unjustified, I don't know what does. Because using a main characters death as shock value and then not following it up with some sort of respect and instead distracting from it is ONE OF MY LEAST FAVORITE FUCKING THINGS GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Harry Potter

Image
And in the moment Rowling killed Hedwig, she was an asshole. Every death up until that point were legit. And from there on out they were legit too. I just want to know why she killed the fucking owl.

Image
I've never met anyone who disagreed with me on this one so I'm not even going to say anything.

Image
I don't actually think I could ever hate Rowling, but I could almost hate her for killing Fred. Seriously. Someone explain to me what about Fred's death furthered the plot. Because basically I'm sure it was in there to give the effect of war which is completely plausible and makes sense, I'm just being bitter.

The Hunger Games

Image
I'm still unaware out of all the fucking people, why Collins had Finnick Odair fucking sacrifice himself. Yeah, it was heroic and great, it was awesome and stuff go Finnick.... but there were literally military soldiers in this entire scenario and what happens....? Finnick fucking dies, throws himself to mutts to save Katniss. I remember I stopped reading when he died. I refused to finish the book for a really long time because I still feel like it's really hard to justify his death other than wanting the reader to cry. We already knew Finnick was a hero, we already knew that he was a good person. We didn't need to see him die to tell us Finnick was a good guy. He almost died in fucking Catching Fire for her. We knew he would put his life on the line. Didn't mean you needed to actually do it. I'm probably biased. Whatever.

Image
There is a difference between being dramatic and being obnoxious. I'm sort of unsure which one this death was supposed to be. Because I wasn't even sad when Prim died. I was annoyed. Ultimately, Collins killed two of the most innocent characters in the series, as well as killed the only two people that Katniss ever had a complete, natural instinct to protect. Killing Rue sparked the rebellion. Rue was actually the spark, Katniss wasn't even the reason it started. Rue dying and having a Katniss give her a funeral literally started the uprising. Prim? Prim was the reason Katniss was there in the first place and the reason that Katniss saw something in Rue. And then she was killed off? To what? Create tension between Gale and Katniss so that's the reason that Katniss chooses Peeta? I thought that odd. Because it's like when Prim is killed by Gale's bomb creation, Katniss is like yeah, that's it. I can't love Gale after that. Prim's death seemed like an excuse for Katniss to chose Peeta, though I don't think that was Collin's intention. I don't know, that one really pissed me off.

Lord of the Rings

Image
This one was legit because hello they're in a war but I was still really sad inside when Haldir died. He was cool as fuck. This is actually the only death in the whole series I was like man that was fucked up but it's whatever. They were literally in the middle of a fucking battle. So.

The vampire diaries/ The Originals

*Because there are so many deaths I'm annoyed with in this series, I will be using gifs without explanations. They're up to your interpretation why they made me really mad.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Supernatural

Image
They can kiss my fucking ass for killing Kevin, to be really fucking honest. I still don't understand what the fuck they killed him for. He was the most relatable character as far as I was concerned. He was just a kid trying to get into college with the same stress as us all and then he's dragged into this shit show between heaven and hell and then oh, get's killed off. Okay. Thanks for that.

Image
Image
Did you know that I couldn't bring myself to watch SPN for like two weeks after I watched the episode in which Jo and Ellen died? Because I was destroyed. I guess that they're deaths were legit... they were soldiers, hunters, fighters and they died. I get that. I guess I just wish that it didn't have to go that way. They were two very strong, kick ass female leads and then they died. There aren't even any female leads currently in the show because all of them have been killed off... which is annoying. I don't know, I think that Jo and Ellen could have been kept, some how.

The Walking Dead

Image
This was bullshit and you cannot convince me otherwise. There was no reason to fucking kill Mika and I'm probably wrong but you cannot convince me otherwise. I think the point was to state that children who can't defend themselves die, but honestly I'm still mad Mika was killed and that fucking Lizzie did it. And then Lizzie gets shot as punishment, whatever. I'm still upset. I get it. But I also don't.

Anyone else have some characters they're furious about dying?
March 26th, 2014 at 11:47pm