Allow me to have a girly moment for a minute

So my best friend is my fiance (and a guy haha) and I have like 0 female friends in the non-mibba world, so I just want to gush about my wedding for a second. Feel free to ignore this, it may induce eye rolling.

I never really wanted a wedding (even when I was a little girl) and when I got engaged in January I wanted something small (I had partially convinced my man to run off to Hawaii with me for a small wedding) but then he told me he really wanted a wedding, a big one where his family could go.

And yeah, it's turned into this giant thing (don't get me wrong, it's AMAZING, I'm starting to get really excited). I just think it's funny that my mom and step dad and dad and step mom had NO money to help me with college tuition but the second I get engaged, they somehow have a ton of money to plan a wedding for me. and they keep shelling out more and more despite the fact that my man and I are cool with the one we had planned.

I feel blessed but at the same time I'm like O___O what's more important?

Anyways, this last weekend I got my dress. I absolutely love it. I was terrified at first because well I hate going clothes shopping, my boobs are like WAY too big for the rest of my body and nothing ever looks right on me unless it's a tank top. I went with a strapless dress and it has a corseted type top and there is a small train. It's not poofy thank god, they wanted me too buy it with a poofy petticoat and I nipped that in the bud right away.

I'm moving to Iowa next monday and I have to somehow get back to California in May to get refitted for the dress. I also have to make it back out to Cali two weeks before the wedding for last minute stuff and the bachelorette party (-_____- I really don't think male strippers are attractive, nothing sexy about sparkly banana hammocks haha but apparenty I have to have one).

And so ends my girly bride moment. If you made it this far, you are an amazing person XD I wouldn't have lasted.
March 27th, 2014 at 01:01am