Questions on Uni/College

Just some preamble to get to 100 words (is it words or characters?) but I'm in my junior year (so at the end of the next school year, I'll be graduating), and I'm planning to apply to the UK and Aus. And I've been doing some research on unis because I think it's incredibly fun. Image

And now I've got questions about the whole thing because I had a counsellor meeting on Friday with my mum and my counsellor about applying to uni and obviously the application deadlines for the UK is much earlier than when I'll even start for Aus, so eventually I'm going to have to choose between the UK and Aus (depending on if I get into any, actually!).

(Some of the people I've spoken to are like "Well obvs choose the UK because their schools are better" but then Aus is like… I mean I've never lived there properly but it is my nationality and I used to go there every Christmas and after like three years' break we're starting to go back every Christmas and we have a flat there and idk I just feel overall better there. I'm really talking to myself here so feel free to disregard this paragraph yeah! Plus I'm sure their schools are just as great okay it's about the experience!!!! And graphic designers/communication designers can really work from wherever.)

Which is pretty worrisome (but then I worry about everything, so… ?????) which is why I've got these questions. SO HERE GOES:

1) How did you choose which uni you're going to?
2) Do you like it? i.e. do you regret not choosing another uni/are you transferring out?
3) What are you studying?

Wait I actually can't think of any more questions but I had so many just a few seconds ago. Ugh. Image

The counsellors at school are always saying "we want to find the uni that best fits you", which is basically like "hey man if it's not ivy league it's all good" but given the fact that we're an international school in ahem CHINA and a good portion of the students are actually Chinese with American / British / Singaporean / etc. nationalities, of course everyone's going to think "I need to get into an Ivy League school". It's that Asian parent mentality.

I know it's a tad bit early but y'know school will be over in just a few months and then it'll be the summer and then THAT'LL be over in a few months and then before I know it it'll be time to apply to uni and I just want to be ready/ahead for once, cos I'm so big on procrastinating. Image

I'm out.
March 30th, 2014 at 05:55am