I'm Going to Be Nice Today.

I was told one day by someone that when I feel down on myself, I have to look myself in the mirror and saying, I'm a beautiful, wonderful, human being. And repeat it, until I meaning it. But truth is, I may never actually mean it. So instead, I chant these words.
"I'm going to do something nice for someone today. I will be known as a genius up beat person, and will be positive."
I think these words are better for me. Because instead of making myself better, I'm making other people feel better, which makes me feel better. If I can bring a smile to someones face, I would love for that to happen. Because that just who I am. So, try doing one good thing for someone else. It may simply be just holding the door open for someone, or helping someone who is carrying too many groceries get to their car. Or if theres ice on the road, like here, helping someone who falls down. Be nice to people, and you'll get amazing results. I love to watch the genuine smiles of those, who actually appreciate what I'm doing, to make their day a little bit better.
So that is was gets me through day, of being up beat and happy. Its not the "I'm Beautiful, wonderful type." Its they, "how can I make the world smile?" Type.
March 31st, 2014 at 03:32pm