Too Young for My Own Writing

Hence the title, this is starting to become a problem for me. Growing up, I have always been exposed to media and subjects meant for more mature audiences. I have watched rated R movies since I was elementary school. I have read Young Adult books since I was in elementary school. I have always fancied hanging around an older crowd. And I am just now seeing why that is a problem.

The pros of that:
1. It's part of the reason why I'm mature. I like being mature. I don't like being childish.
2. It's easier when talking to adults.
3. I'm not as childish as everyone else.
4. I don't get upset as easily.
5. I've been exposed to more and I'm more understanding when it comes to certain topics.

The cons of that:
1. When my characters dig themselves in certain holes, I am unable to dig them out because I have yet to experience what my characters are experiencing.
2. I tend to write things that I am not yet old enough to read.
3. I become self-conscious when sharing my writing with my peers.
4. It's challenging for me to stick to writing prompts at school because I don't write things a fourteen-year-old should.
5. It's hella hard trying to write things that a fourteen-year-old should.

Sigh.

Besides that, I have came to the conclusion that I like a blonde-haired boy who recently cut his hair. (If you two of my irl friends are smart enough to figure out who, don't you dare approach me about it. I will cut off your uvula). The problem with this? I doubt he likes me and he looks at me as a motherly figure.
April 1st, 2014 at 01:13am