Life Updates and Story Updates

So hello, Mibba-verse, it has been a while.

I've had a lot of changes going on in the past few months and while I doubt that anyone will sincerely care what I'm up to in the real world, I wanted to tell everyone.

I've found a full time job--it's temporary, but it pays well and I'm able to pay my bills. My boss and her boss are trying as hard as they can to keep me for as long as they can, so hopefully I will able to work with them for a few more months... until...

I go to grad school! That's right, ladies and gents, I got into grad school. I actually got into every program I applied for, which came to me as an incredibly pleasant surprise. For those who don't know, I'm planning on going for International Relations with a focus in education development. I applied to Seton Hall University, the University of San Francisco, and Webster University's Global Master's program, which would allow me to travel to 5 countries in 11 months (you can tell which one I'm leaning towards).

Everything seems to be on the upside for me, which is refreshing considering all of the bullshit I have gone through since I came home from Honduras. Still no progress on the ol' love life, but hey, maybe I'll meet a charming British/European man to woo.

Enough of the real world, now back to Mibba.

Ever since I came home, I have had a really hard time getting my updates done. I am SO sorry for that. I honestly feel horrible for taking so long with some of the stories, but I've been very busy. I am trying as hard as I can to just update when I can and stay motivated with the stories, but it's hard.

As far as single stories goes, I will try to update every one to two weeks. "Whispers in the Dark" will be ending soon, but "Heretics" and "Puppets" are still going strong.

As far as co-writes go, Kim (JaxGreen) and I are working on "Save My Soul" and have a lot of exciting ideas in store for our readers. Kas and I have hit a bit of a snag; she is very busy with taking care of her child and I am very busy with work and preparing for school. We will be taking a temporary hiatus from our co-writes, including "Dead & Buried" and "The Divine Infection." I will try to get a chapter of TDI out but I cannot guarantee anything.

I know I sound like a broken record when I say this, but it does get discouraging when people do not comment on stories. Please don't say that I should write for myself. I DO. I love writing and I love being able to bring people happiness and excitement through my stories. It just makes me feel as if my chapters are not good enough. That's all I'll say about that.

I am going to attempt to write an original slash one shot soon, so keep your eyes open for that.

So until next time, lovelies.
April 4th, 2014 at 03:22am