I'M ENGAGED.

So, yeah. I've been absent for a week or so, because I went on a little mini vacay. My man candy and I took a little road trip to Pittsburgh for the weekend, and while we were there we caught the Blackhawks vs Penguins game. Even though I have Chicago roots, I was rocking my Marc-Andre Fleury jersey like a proud little mama. The game was amazing. So, so amazing. CONSOL Energy Center has my heart. It's such a perfect arena. There's not a bad seat, and they have a lot of good food to choose from in there.

Also when we were in Pittsburgh, I had a legendary Primanti Bros' sandwich... yeah, just as delicious as the people say it is. Such a simple, yet delicious sandwich. Then I finally tried Iron City Beer, which is hands down my new favorite beer. I brought some home with me, and I will not be above ordering this beer online and getting it shipped to my house. It's THAT good.

Third best experience in Pittsburgh? (Second best being the game, duh) Burgatory milkshakes. If you ever find yourself in Pittsburgh, GET TO BURGATORY AND GET YOURSELF A SHAKE. Holy shit, was it amazing. I got the triple chocolate brownie or whatever, and I was sitting in my seat at the arena inhaling it and giving no care whatsoever if people were judging me for being a fatty. While you may think- triple chocolate? That sounds like too much chocolate. It's not. Burgatory has perfected this milkshake recipe and has managed to craft the perfect balance of chocolate. I will spend forever craving another one of these shakes, so naturally I just need to go to Pittsburgh again next season.

My number one best experience of Pittsburgh? GETTING ENGAGED!! Guys, the proposal was so sweet and beautiful. He handed me a leatherbound little book, and told me to read it. On the first page it read, "It began behind a bar..." and every page after that, he wrote a quote or a lyric to our song. After the third page I was already in tears. Halfway through the book the writing stopped, and he said "As you can see, the story is not finished. I want you to continue writing this story with me, together. Will you marry me?"

I was crying so much I could hardly even say yes. It was by far the most sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me, holy crap. I just cried again writing this out. I'm so happy, I can't wait to start wedding planning!!!
April 4th, 2014 at 07:02pm