A life where as a woman I don't need equal rights...

I wrote this entry about a year ago, but never posted it, so here it is now.

My perfect life would be if I married a man and all he wanted was to please me and all I wanted would be to please him. I wouldn't want a job, I wouldn't want any power other than to choose how I pleased him, maybe what we had for dinner every once in a while and the names of our kids.

Perhaps the power to help others in need of someone to talk to, someplace to stay, food to eat etc. I wouldn't need anything else. Just his love and desire to please me.

I wouldn't need an education, he would just bring me books and I could read everything I wanted to know about the world. He would take me places and that is how I would get my worldly experiences. Why would I need to be independent?

I wouldn't need to speak out, I'd ask him to share my views. He wouldn't have to agree to them, just share them. I would tell him all my concerns and he would listen.

Okay, I know that in reality, life is nothing like that, and good men like that are hard to find. I haven't met a man yet who doesn't want more power for themselves, be it in wealth or a relationship or in the physical. Well maybe one. And of course, the world we live in is full of conflict where people are fighting for their lives and if they had certain rights then they wouldn't be.

I'm not against women having equal rights. I just think that with the right ideals, the right way of thinking and action(from both men and women), women don't need rights. (I don't mean right as in right and wrong, I mean right as in specific).

And perhaps I'm being sexist, but that's probably because I am a woman. I suppose you could swap it around and have the man stay at home whilst the woman works in order to support, feed and please him. Or even take it in turns.

Also, of course my beliefs have to come into account because I'm not looking for a purpose in life, I'm not looking to try and achieve as much as possible before I die, to gain as many worldly possessions or power or to be remembered or even knowledge for the sake of power.

And then there's the fact that I was born in the west and have never been further east than Switzerland. However, I have been in situations where I feel that I cannot reach out or am imprisoned by a male (won't go into details). But I am positive that my perspective would be different if I had grown up differently or lived in another country.

Still, I imagine life would just be so much less stressful, if people lived for others rather than themselves, if people looked after others and let/trusted others to look after them.

But hey, we live in a capitalist dominated world right? Everything is driven by searching for power so this could never happen without it being seen as turning one's back on the rest of the world who lack power (which is what most of the world is doing anyways, not that that is the right thing to do).

Maybe labelling this under women's rights is incorrect, but hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. I'm basically wishing for a peaceful world where I can be as lazy as I want and as happy as can be.

Today's song
Beyonce- Dance for you
April 5th, 2014 at 02:38pm