Captain America: Winter Soldier

This blog will definitely contain spoilers, so... yeah.

DUDE. CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 KICKED ASS. KICKED. ASS.

I'm just gonna go ahead and say that it might just be one of the best Marvel movies out there. Aside from Iron Man, because I'm kinda partial to the franchise. Although, I even think that Captain America 2 was kinda better.

Ohhh I loved it. Okay the plot may just be the typical superhero movie plot, where the hero meets the sidekick accidentally, gets hunted by their community, and has to put something on some plane to prevent the big catastrophe that would happen. But I feel like it was really well-executed and I'm so impressed.

First, let me just list all the awesome people who are in the movie that may or may not made me squeal.

Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson. duh.
Samuel L. Jackson as Fury. duh.
SEBASTIAN STAN AS BUCKY BARNES. Okay, I must admit that at first, I recognised him from Once Upon A Time, not from the first Captain America movie. hehe. My bad.
Emily VanCamp as Rogers' neighbour slash almost-love interest slash SHIELD's undercover agent assigned to protect Rogers.

Oh dude, I love the fact that they didn't touch any romantic subjects at all. Okay, maybe a little with the interaction of Steve Rogers and his neighbour I mentioned above, but even that it was so cute!!! I'm really glad they didn't go further though, it would have distracted the plot continuity if they did.

ALSO. They brought back Peggy Carter!!! The woman that Rogers promised a dance to. She was in a hospital though (I might as well go all out with the spoiler). Ahh the feels.

Who else? Ohhh Robin LOL. No, Cobie Smulders. I'm so happy that they gave her a more significant role in this movie. Her portrayal of Agent Hill got better in this movie.

OH AND HAHAHA do you know Amed from Community? He was there too as a cameo.

I love the humour that they slipped into the movie, I really do. Even from the start, Anthony Mackle's character, Falcon, was portrayed with so much wit that as a new character, he was so likeable.

The thing that I love the most about this movie, though, is the way the writers created the story sequences and how they so cleverly sorted out the order of information that they were giving to the audience. I don't know if that makes sense, hmm.

So okay, like at first, they showed how Fury was being his secretive self and very suspicious, but then they had him attacked on the road for no apparent reason. I love the way they kept the audience engaged and guessing.

Some of my friends say that some of the elements were a bit cliche, like the countdown to a weapon launch. But I feel like even those are kinda essential to the story.

Some even say that I'm biased because Chris Evans was in it, but I swear I wasn't even into Captain America in the first place although his body was easy on the eyes. I'm more of an Iron Man and Batman kinda girl, really.

I assume if you read the text above, you actually have watched it. But if you haven't, I recommend that you do! I hope I didn't give too much away that will ruin the excitement.

Ta-ta!
April 5th, 2014 at 04:58pm