Walking Dead | Now I understand

Soo......The Walking Dead has been on for what? Four seasons now? Yeah. Well, I'm one of those people who get severely annoyed when a whole bunch of people hype about certain things. Justin Bieber being a very good example. I can not stand the dude. I freaking hated the whole hype about him. HE WAS EVERYWHERE. Anywho, not to steer clear off topic. But, TWD was everything and the only thing my friends and family would talk about. I got annoyed with it, refusing to give it a chance. I just shot down every single conversation and plea to give it a chance.

It wasn't until a few days ago that I decided to watch it. My cousin is literally obsessed with this show. I mean it's ridiculous. She has figurines and posters and she constantly talks about. I remembering watching an episode with her while I colored her hair one night and I kind of got interested. Just asking questions like "Why don't they just shoot him." Or "Seriously, I would have stabbed him by now. What an asshole." But, it wasn't enough to sit down on Netflix and watch it.

But, like I was saying a few days I decided to watch it. I had gotten my wisdom teeth pulled and I really couldn't do anything but lay down and watch TV. I started watching it and I was kind of bored within the first few episodes. I didn't find it to be amazing, or outstanding. It was just meh. Then, things started picking up. I found myself falling head over heels for Daryl Dixon. Typical, right? I didn't just fall in love with his character because Norman Reedus is a freaking sex god. But, because of how hurt and damaged this guy was. He was this complete and total badass who was fiercely loyal and completely shy and awkward. My heart was swarmed with joy when he looked for Sophia every single day until they found her...not the way they wanted too but ya know. I began to enjoy the series. Getting to know each and every character, finding out that I absolutely hated Shane, Andrea, and even tough I knew Dale was the good guy. Couldn't wait for him to die. I've just begun on the third season and I'm itching to just finish it.

I kind of already know what's generally happened to everyone. Just from spoilers and hearing talk from my cousin. But, it truly is a good series. It isn't the most amazing thing I've seen. But, it's definitely something to look forward too every week. It keeps you on your toes, ya know?

Anywho, I've written my own Daryl Fic called Spitfire. Check it out. And if you know any other good ones, please put them down. Or Walking Dead in general. I've been reading a few really amazing Daryl stories that are freaking awesome and amazing. So feeeeed me more stories!
April 9th, 2014 at 09:02pm