Miserable at Best

The hardest part is letting go.

This is so true on so many levels and in so many different ways.
Especially when something meaningful to you ends in a way you never saw coming and you did not want it to happen. Whether it be a romantic relationship or just a friendship, it hurts all the same to think back on those wonderful memories.

You're all that I hoped to find, in every single way.

I had always thought that it would last forever, but really that was just naievity. When it came down to it I had to choose between two people. But not in the way you would think. At the time I thought it was the hardest thing I ever had to decide upon.

Nothing feels like home.

As I'm around other people, it's not the same. Everyone, consciously or unconsciously, is compared to that one person. And it makes it harder to let go.

The hardest part of living is just taking it breaths to stay.

I thought I couldn't survive without their love. I realize how utterly pathetic that was. Of course one can live without the love of one person. It just hurts like a vital organ being torn from your body for awhile. Oh, you know, just forever. All memories tied to that person result in tears and regret, but there is happiness mixed in as well.

I know I'm good for something I just haven't found it yet.

I realized that I am not only the person I was with them. I am an individual in charge of their own life. And I will live my life for me and no one else.

Let's not pretend like you're alone tonight...

While knowing this hurts like hell, I look at myself and my scars, so many of them caused by them. Knowing that they're with someone else makes it easier to separate myself. It makes it easier to realize I am better off without them.

It's time for me to live my life.
April 11th, 2014 at 07:59am