My week thus far

So this is the opening week to graduation for seniors at my school. Technically graduation isn't until June 9, but at my school we dedicate the last few weeks to doing fun things for us seniors.

What happened this week:
-Receiving Caps and Gowns
-Pep Rally
-Senior Class Poet (try-outs and winner)

First with the Cap and Gown thing we had ordered everything back in the fall like Octoberish time. They finally came in and when I went to go pick mine up, but they didn't have my stuff. I tried my last name, I tried my mom's new last name. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. As it turns out the company spelled my name wrong. My last name starts with 'K' and they put it with a ‘R’ so that’s why no one could find my order. But we got it all straighten out and now I need to find a dress that’s light enough that it will work.

So then we had a pep rally Thursday instead of Friday (when most pep rallies happen) because there was going to be a lot of field trips that day. Now personally I don’t like pep rallies that much, they’re too loud and it’s alway the same thing. If you’ve gone to one, then you’ve been to them all in my opinion. Well I lucky was able to get out of it because of my wisdom teeth which have been killing me these past few days. I’m getting them out Thursday and it’s like they know that and they want to cause me all the suffering they can. My teacher felt bad for me and she sent me to the clinic and I got some painkillers and some rest.

After the pep rally, I had to stay after to try out for Senior Poet which, if you’re chosen, you get to read your poem at graduation. There were suppose to be seven of us trying out all together but in the end one person didn’t show. I went first mostly because everyone else was calling last and second to last so I just said enough is enough and went. I only messed up on two words. As we all finished we exchanged poems to see what everyone wrote, I don’t mean to brag or anything, but some of those poems were really bad compared to mine. I don’t know if I’m being biased or not though...

The teachers wouldn’t tell us who got the spot yet so we had to wait all day, and let me tell you I was nervous I mean I was waiting for one of our class sponsor to come and tell us who won all day. I finally got to talk to one of the guys who entered, because we shared the same seventh period and said we probably wouldn’t find out until after spring break.

And then at the end of the day announcements they finally told us who won and it was..... ME! I was so happy I did a little mini happy dance/shout for joy, but then I stopped because I suddenly remembered that the guy who tried out was also in the class and I didn’t want to rub it in his face more than I already did so I told him good job and the like. But I am so happy I can’t get over it. I’ll post the poem up in a moment and then link it so you can see it.

Poem
April 12th, 2014 at 06:40am