Live Blog: Your Favourite Song

Today I'm live-blogging bullets are hailing.'s brand spanking new story Your Favourite Song. It's a Hayliver, and it is utterly beautiful (as per usual) and I suggest that everyone goes and reads and comments now before reading this, if you haven't already done so. But I'm the only comment so far so I know you're all liars. Luckily, nobody was harmed in the writing of this fic so you don't need to prepare tissues or dig Aliya's grave or anything of that sort.

Casually stealing Aliya's start to the live blog shebang because I can't be bothered making my own.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.
Off we go. First and only chapter of Your Favourite Song, titled Silly Love Songs.

– This layout is gorgeous, for starters. I love the background especially.

– This whole spiel about Oli hating love songs is so him. While I wish it wasn’t, it is. He definitely isn’t the type of guy to gush over mushy lyrics.

– Except if Hayley writes it. Duh. Why wouldn’t he love it then?

– I’m going to put the opening paragraph in here because my god is it hilarious.

“Love songs were fucking weird to Oli. They were annoying, they were overrated, and sometimes they were just so disgustingly mushy that listening to them could make him gag. It was completely fine if other people enjoyed them because not everyone had the same opinion as him and he knew that.”

– That last sentence. Sure, Oli, try and disguise your obviously strong opinion on the subject. We all know the truth.

– I agree with him on this. Hearing the same subject matter becomes so mundane after a while. Switch it up, you know?

– AND ENTER MISS HAYLEY VIA A PHONE CALL.

– They don’t get to see each other. That’s awful.
Damn their professions and the requirement to travel the world.

– Someone should write a fic about them on tour together.

– wink wink, nudge nudge.

– Damn their tradition of isolating themselves from society. You could be with your girlfriend but of course not. You’re a bad boyfriend Oli.

– Sorry Oli, I take that back. Have fun at the Lakes.

– At least it’s not the Outback.

Of course Lee would turn up as soon as he caught wind that Tom was at Oli’s. Sneaky, Aliya, very sneaky. Cough.

– You’d think by now they’d all hate each other and be ready to rip out everyone’s guts. But nope. Happy times at Oliver’s.

– New albums are the best. They should have celebrated with champagne.

– You’re better than me Oli. My phone’s dead.

– That’s right – shut up your idiots, Hayley’s finally talking to me.

– I swear Tom. Just. That is such a sibling thing to do. I wish you weren’t being an annoying little fly right now but I love the family dynamics too.

“The only thing he did was ignore them because at the moment, all that mattered was her.”

– And you say you don’t like love song. Bullshit. That is love song material right there, Oli. Stop being so hypocritical.

“Thanks to Lee, Tom also stopped bothering him.”

– MORE TOE SYLIA. THAT IS ACTUALLY NOT AS SUBTLE. THIS FIC KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER.

– This friendly banter is great. Warms my heart, it really does.

“You know, if you weren’t all the way across the Atlantic, I’d punch you in the face.”

“I’ve always loved your unique ways of showing affection.”


– Those lines are pearlers. I laughed for a long time at them.

– I love his nickname for her. Hayles. I can’t help but be reminded by this guy I know who has a last name of Hayes. I’d rather not, but you know. Silly brain. It also must be pretty hard to shorten “Hayley” to something nice. I wouldn’t like to be called “Hay” or “Lee” or I was her.

– Excuse the name tangent. Programmed live blogging will return with the next dot point.

– I love Jordan. He understands. I still remember that Rock am Ring (?) interview where he answers everything with “love”. Such a sweetie.

– Unlike Mr. Protagonist here who answered every question with “AIDS”. Real charming.

“Not only does she know more about our album, but she’s even featured in it.”

– That line screwed me up so bad. IT’S VERY AU OF YOU ALIYA.

– IT JUST HIT ME YOU MEANT “DEATHBEDS”.

– SURPRISE, SURPRISE OLI. IT’S A LOVE SONG. THAT’S RIGHT. READ THOSE WORDS AND WEEP, HYPOCRITE.

– I wish Hayley had starred on that track though.

– SHUT THE FUCK UP TOM. IT’S CALLED SUSPENSE AND YOU RUINED IT.

– THIS IS WHY YOU DON’T PUT SIBLINGS IN FICS.

– Why didn’t someone jump in cough Lee and cut him off?

– Yay for no drool. Because drool is very un-sexy.

– Hayley the Shirt Stealer. New title.

– Airport kisses are the sweetest. I don’t think Hayley would be able to just jump up into his arms though. He might have to lean down and pick her up. He is a skyscraper after all.

– Oli would possibly look very ridiculous with red kiss prints all over his face.

– Just in case anyone wanted a bad visual:
Image
And have an approving Hayley too.

“That was way better than a punch in the face,”

– JUST RUIN THE ROMANCE WHY DON’T YA.

– Patience is a virtue, Oliver. One you seem to lack in spades.

– Yay for synchronised singles.

“Can’t you tell me something like you did last time? Sing me a little acoustic version of one of your songs.”

– PATIENCE, YOU TURNIP. LEARN IT.

He just had to be patient like she told him and enjoy his time with her.

– HAVE WE NOT ESTABLISHED YOUR ARE IMPATIENT. Gosh.

– Hayley’s sneaky. I love it.

– SOMEONE GIVE THE BOY A MEDAL. “Something’s happening.” NO SHIT SHERLOCK.

– Sorry for the caps. I just. Oli.

– Time for some more patience, ahahahahahaha.

– Yeah, everyone’s just left you. Hayley was all, ‘my Oli’s here but now we’re going to leave him in the studio because it’s not like I want to spend time with him and give him a surprise or anything.’ Jesus Oli. Get your head on straight.

– But then again you’re in Hayley’s presence. No wonder you’re not thinking clearly.

As he continued to listen, one of the first things Oli thought was how Tom ended up being right after all.

– He wasn’t right. He killed the suspense.

– HE BLUSHES. CUTIE.

– MY GOD MY STOMACH IS DOING FLIPS AND I’M SMILING AND OH. ALIYA, THIS IS BRILLIANT. WONDERFUL. STUPENDOUS.

And from then on, Oli realized that love songs weren’t so bad after all.

– OF COURSE THEY AREN’T BAD.

– This was lovely and made my heart flutter.

– Gorgeous. Just beautiful. Sorry that I am unable to form coherent sentences.

(wow this is literally 1000 words of live blog)
I had so much fun writing this. Guys, if you didn't listen to me at the start you better go and comment now.
April 13th, 2014 at 07:21am