Mom/Daughter relationships

Can I just start off by saying that if you have a even a good relationship with your mom then you are very very lucky. And if you happen to be BFFs with your mom then I'm envious of you. My relationship with my mom is shit. There's just no other word for it. Sure we have a few good hours here and there but that's all they are hours at best. Then we get into a fight of some sort and it all goes down hill from that.

Like yesterday, things for the most part were pretty good. We went out shopping together to get stuff for graduation. I needed a white dress to wear under my gown and some fancy shoes that had a strap around the heel. My mom only called me fat once and only got mad at me once so that was actually pretty good.

Let me explain what happened, my mom pulled this dress from the junior's department of the store and wanted me to try it on. I knew it wouldn't fit, but I also knew she wouldn't listen to me so I had to try the dress on to pacify her. I'm 5'10" and curvy, not just because I weigh a little more than most girls my age due, but my breast are really big too. So the dress was tight and my mom said the dress would fit perfectly if I wasn't so fat. Ummm ouch, thanks mom. I know I'm a tad overweight, but your the one who said the dress was perfect while I knew it wouldn't fit me.

Then she got mad at me because I didn't want to try on a pair of sneakers. I'm sorry, but I don't see a point in trying on shoes if you aren't even thinking about buying them. I don't like shoe shopping guys, it's just who I am. Shoe stores smell bad to me, and I don't want to spend more time than I have too in them. Plus I have two pairs of sneakers that work just fine, I don't think frugal is the right word, but I'm purposeful with money. I rather wear year old sneakers and go out with friends then get new sneakers and not go out. So to once again keep a scene from happening I tried them on, and guess what? They didn't fit. -_- My mom knows I need wide shoes, but she thought that since they were so 'cute' and sneakers they didn't have to be that wide.

So today my mom asked me about the graduation invites. I've been telling her, and my step dad since they've both been on my butt about it for a week, about them. My school hands out six invites to each student and then if you need more you can ask for it, but that's to make sure everyone gets a few at least. Now I've explained this to my parents once with them both together and then twice on their own two different times. Now knowing that most people can understand why I might be a annoyed when my mom sends me a text asking about where I can go to get graduation invites and how many I need. Then I had to explain to her again and she asked who I wanted to invite to my graduation and she asked me to put the people in a list in order of importance. Reserving the top two spots for herself and her current husband.

First off RUDE! Everyone I'm inviting is no more important than anyone else, and for even saying something like that I just want to not have her and her husband come or at least rearrange the list so that they're at the bottom. I send her a text saying that everyone is equal in coming to my graduation, and I'm not putting people in any order along with a list of people I wanted to come.

She finally calls me on my cell phone, which was stupid of her. I'm at home right now, and she knows I don't get good service on my cell when I'm at home, so I had to have her call me back on the house phone. She claimed that she didn't get my list of invites, or any of my other texts, despite the fact that I sent it three times. So I told her she was rude in asking for an order of importance and then she asked if that was why I hadn't responded to her. Did she not listen when I told her I sent that text three times? Then she goes into a long rant of how I'm beating around the bush and I need to tell her the list.

I was waiting for her to finish talking so I could read my list and then she got mad at me because I wasn't quick enough for her. She's the one who won't be quiet! So I finally managed to start listing off the names and right after the first one she interrupts and says 'Who's that?' Woman there is only one J---- that we know, who the blood eff do you think it its? Of course I didn't say that but I wanted too. So I went through my list explaining why they were on it and why some people weren't and then the last person is my dad. I'm not going to go into the huge back story of they're divorced and all the blood and guts that come with it I'm just going to say they aren't on good terms.

All she said at first if 'Oh interesting' what's so interesting about it, he's my dad I'm allowed to invite him. Then she went on about how much of a jerk he is and stuff and honestly, you might think he's a jerk, but I don't and I really wish you keep your comments to yourself person who preaches 'if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all'.

Then she suddenly goes on this rant screaming and yelling rant about how I'm being rude and it's not her fault my dad is a jerk and I shouldn't be taking it out on her.

You know what you guys I'm just done with this whole thing. I'm sick of everything involving my mom and her attitude.
April 14th, 2014 at 08:10pm