How Ridiculous.

I've not been apart of Mibba's staff very long. I've probably been assigned to editing stories for a few months now, I think. It's not a hard job, it just time consuming every once and a while.

But before I was on the staff, I spent around three years on this site just simply posting stories and the like, and I never saw, during that entire three years, any member of Mibba's staff bully anyone into following the rules. That is seriously one of the most absurd things I've ever heard and it's really, really insulting.

People who are picked to be staff aren't just chosen at random out of a hat. They fill out an application, it is considered, and out of the few who apply, the people who are thought to be the best suited for the job are chosen. Then, those people are given very elaborate instructions about how to do their job, how to handle backlash from other Mibbian's should any arise, and so on. We are prepared quite thoroughly to do a job that shouldn't even be as difficult as it is.

So then you start doing your job and, if you've never been apart of Mibba's staff before, you get to see the inner workings of Mibba. And let me tell you, it is not as juicy as people think. There is no conspiring to get a certain Mibbian banned. No one decides to give these certain groups of people a free ride to do as they please on here. There is no gossiping about others. We do our jobs and chat about our lives or what the weather is like where we live--basically, we talk about pretty much the same things as any other Mibbian.

My point is that the staff aren't as evil as some people think. We're doing what were supposed to because YOU aren't. So it's not OUR fault if you get a message from staff pertaining to some rule breaking. You agree to follow Mibba's guidelines when you sign-up and, as staff, we agree to enforce them. Don't get angry at us and start throwing stupid accusations around because you're mad that we corrected something that failed to comply with the rules. That's our job.

I don't even understand why staff enforcing the rules is such a big problem? This is a website. Websites have rules. Websites have people who enforce those rules. When you sign-up to this website, you automatically agree to comply with them. When you do not follow the rules, staff lets you know... How is that complicated?

A summary:
If you follow the rules, as you agreed to when you signed up, then you won't ever have to worry about getting a message from any member of staff. It is literally that fuckin' simple.
April 15th, 2014 at 05:34pm