All In, Mibba. All In.

This war between staff and regular users needs to stop. No ONE person or party of persons is completely to blame for what we're all upset about. Staff AND Mibbians are both involved. There could be evil and wrong doing in anyone. Whether you're a member of staff or not, you are a human who will make mistakes. Whether you learn from them or not or just purposely continue to make those mistakes is up to you and defines the type of person people see you as.

Regular Mibbians are to blame for not following the BASIC rules and terms they agreed to. Not all Mibbians, but some. Some people will take a mile if you give them an inch and will take breaking the rules too far. Staff probably felt like certain old rules weren't keeping order with things so they had to intensify the rules. I do think a good set of REASONABLE rules are important to keep things smooth. Otherwise this place would become a brutal free for all at some point. (Which it's not far from at the moment but that's just MY observation) It could be a lot worse, thought. Trust me there. Too many strict and ridiculous rules can also sink a ship pretty fast as well.

However, some of us do follow the rules. We try to follow the recquirements. Some of us may not have issues with the rules or staff members having to fix our things. BUT....some of us do. A lot of us seem to be annoyed because communication on this site is lacking major. Sure rules are changed and ammended at times but when we feel left in the dark about sudden changes, we feel cheated. Are we not important enough to be told the truth? We are in fact the people who use this site everyday and are a major part of the site overall. Why shouldn't we be included in being informed better and more promptly of ANY changes whether they be big or small?

Staff is to blame for things as well. Staff members make mistakes. They are people and not Gods, you know? Stop placing them on some magical pedastal. Placing them so high up can back fire because when they do make even a small error of judgement, we're all ready to cast stones which isn't right either. Maybe some tell a user one thing while another member of staff tries to enforce a rule a different way from the first. It's confusing. As far as authority hungry goes, I've witnessed it a few times but with any position of authority comes someone with a hunger for power eventually.

That's kind of to be expected but not EVERY staff member is on some power trip. But I think if a person becomes a staff member, they should take an oath to be fair and consistent in how they deal with ALL people and issues. I'm not saying they aren't here. I don't make false accusations but I'm just saying that's what I think a person should do when they accept a staff position.

They should be honest and above all else, trustworthy. Tons of us put our trust in these people who have been appointed positions of leadership here. They should be setting a good example. Yeah they have lives and yadda yadda. They can't be here every minute but if you can't commit to a position properly, maybe you shouldn't take it or at least give it more consideration first. Being a staff member is a serious and important job. It should be taken seriously and not used as a plot to become more popular or just so you're given a fancy special title.

I'm not a staff member nor do I wish to be but when I think of what I'd want in one, honesty and trust comes to thought. Just keep that in mind. Whether you're an Admin or other member of staff, if we can't trust you, then what else is there really to say? For those staffers who work so hard to keep things in order and genuinely care about the well being of the site, I truly thank you.

Everyone needs to work on things here and how they approach things. Really stop and think before you act or say stuff to people. Respect each other's concerns and thoughts instead of trying to hide them or sweep them under the Mibba rug. And please.....please stop making insinuations that just because you don't believe certain things go on here, doesn't mean that they aren't happening. I can't stress enough that JUST BECAUSE YOU AREN'T EXPERIENCING something here sure as Hell doesn't mean that another user isn't experiencing it and having a tough time.

Also, just cause a member has an issue with the whole editing fiasco doesn't fucking mean they automatically broke the rules or didn't follow the guidelines. Shit happens. Rules get randomly enforced on some users while others aren't bothered. I think what we're all fired up about is inconsistency and lack of communication to name a few things. More and more the list of issues us users have with Mibba overall, grows and grows. The point of this blog was to remind you all that we all play a part here. Some of us play wrong parts and some right. Sometimes maybe a mixture of the two.

I'm not casting blame just on staff or regular users but BOTH of them. We all need to take a deep fucking breath and try to resolve these problems like mature people. Most everyone on this site is at least older than thirteen so we're basically all past the stage of being children. Let's start acting like adults and work on these problems in a civil manner. I include myself in any wrong doing as well. I try to follow the rules here and when I'm contacted by staff for something, I don't blow up and insult them even if I'm not thrilled about the changes they may want made or make. There are things that bother me but I try to handle things with some sense at first. If I'm continually jerked around though, that's when I get vocal with my feelings.

I will say that changing or "removing" things people post in confidence on this site without either informing them first or getting their permission is complete bullshit. If we can't trust people here enough to let us speak our mind(respectfully and truthfully) without stuff being removed or taken down, why should we trust this place enough to furthur post our stories and most cherished works?
April 16th, 2014 at 07:55am