Paul Walker and Brick Mansions

With a raise of hands who is going to go see Brick Mansions because of Paul Walker? *raises hand*

I know I want to see it and it's not solely based on his death either. If he was still alive, I'd still be going to see it. He was an amazing actor in anything he played. I mean I know his death really pushed me to see the movie Hours and I highly suggest anyone see that movie. It was beautiful. But even if he was alive, I'd still go see the movie.

But anyway I was listening to the radio today and the DJ on the station I was listening to thinks people are only going to see Brick Mansions because of Paul Walker's death. Is that a bad thing? I mean they cast actors for a reason, right? Dead or alive, they knew Paul was going to bring people in. It's nice to see him in other things that have nothing to do with fast cars and drug cartels all the time. And now that we will never have anymore movies with Paul Walker in them (unless he has loads of movies finished already and are awaiting release) we're going to see whatever movie we can with him in it.

Also apparently people think that it's tasteless to finish off the latest Fast and Furious movie because of his death. They had a good chunk of his dramatic and action scenes filmed, it wouldn't be fair to the fans or even his friends and family if they just shut down production. Give him one final goodbye, have his last movie brought to life. Let his legacy live on. It's not tasteless, they're not using his death has a publicity stunt. They want to finish the movie so we can see Paul Walker do what he does best one final time.

People are also saying that his brother, Caleb and Cody, are using his death as a way to make themselves known more. They're helping with the finishing of the movie, filling in where they can. Just because they lived in his shadow for years, doesn't mean they're using this chance to get in the spotlight. They're helping out on something their brother loved. It's tasteless to think otherwise.
April 16th, 2014 at 09:52pm