I Want to Be the Very Best

like no one ever was!

Ahem. /clears throat/ This is halfway between a shoutout blog and me whining about my hipster stories, so if either of those is going to offend you, please leave now.

Have y'all noticed how the second someone mentions horror, all eyes point to Deus Ex Machina? This is because her stories are amazing. I've seen at least three blogs/forum posts where someone was asking for reads and in every one of them someone said "Deus Ex Machina" as a recommendation.

I'm in awe. Seriously, fangirl moment. If I ever get to the top of my genre (scifi) like she sits at the top of hers (horror), I will be ever grateful and shower you all with praise.

Keep on being awesome, friend. Your writing will forever be amazing. I'm subscribed to like everything except a few more recent things I haven't checked out yet.
Whine time. As stated above, I'm going to whine. A lot.

I want people to read my things and give more feedback than how "different" it is. I get that it's weird - I'm a little weird. I want people to tear into it. Tell me what to improve. Tell me what you liked. Be cruel, be harsh, be ruthless. If you're out to offend me, you're going to pull a muscle. Do your worst.

On the upside, I'm trying to be more social here. Commenting on more blogs, getting involved in more conversations, making more friends. I'm enough of a recluse in real life. So what I want you to do for me, right now, is recommend me one story. By someone else. In the genre range of fantasy, sci-fi, or adventure. No more than one story per author, either. I want a huge spectrum of things to read and I don't want people I never talk to asking for comments.

Wow, this was a bit ranty. Until later, take it easy!

- Vechs
April 16th, 2014 at 10:52pm