The MCAT and Other Scary Things (and Some Sevenfold Gifs)

So as some of you may or may not know, I am a sophomore in college studying biology/pre-med. It's been a passion of mine for forever (I've wanted to be a doctor since I was nine), and throughout primary and secondary school, I was all gung-ho about it and everything. And then I got to college and it hit me.

I have to do a lot shit to become a doctor.

Which is understandable. I mean, if someone is treating me, I want them to know their shit. But it's downright scary to think about how hard this is gonna be and how much work I'm going to have to do to get where I wanna be. I've got at least two full years of college left, maybe more because I'm a semester behind on my chemistry classes. Then I have to go to medical school for four to six years.

But before I do that, I have to take the MCAT. Oh Lordy, the MCAT. Who knew four little letters could be so terrifying?

"The Medical College Admission Test® (MCAT®) is a standardized, multiple-choice examination designed to assess the examinee's problem solving, critical thinking, and knowledge of science concepts and principles prerequisite to the study of medicine. Scores are reported in Physical Sciences, Verbal Reasoning, and Biological Sciences. (aamc.org)"

This test is like five fucking hours long with no breaks, and it tests you on biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and a few other things I don't remember. I only get to take it three times. And I take it for the first time next year. So yeah, I'm pretty damn nervous. Ugh.

And now, to soothe my nerves, here are some Avenged Sevenfold gifs that I quite enjoy.

Image

Image

Image

Image
I can watch this one over and over and never get tired of it.

Image

Image
This one. Jimmy. ALPOH. Uggghhhhh.

Image
Dead serious.

Aaaaannnnddd one more...

Image

(I hope this many gifs is allowed...if not I'll delete them...even if I don't want to.)

'K, bye! :D
April 17th, 2014 at 02:43am