Fic Live Blog: Starry Skyline

I’m really supposed to be writing, but it looks like Mibba could use some laughs, so this calls for another one of my live blogs! Damn, ya girl is on a roll.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

I know she’s probably going to freak out, but today’s lucky story that’s going to be live blogged is Rianne’s lovely fic, Starry Skyline. It’s an Emblem3 fic and everybody on Mibba knows that Rianne writes the greatest Emblem3 fics ever because they’re the perfect amount of fluff that leaves me with happy feels. I’ve live blogged a previous Emblem3 fic of hers called Sincerly Lovesick, which focuses on Drew Chadwick. Well, this one takes place in the same universe, but the events in here happened earlier than that fic and this one centers around Wesley Stromberg. It’s about Charlie bringing her friend, Emma, along to a party where she meets the boys and has a connection with Wes.

Live blog time. Let’s go.
STARRY SKYLINE

- Rianne put more recommended listening. Yesssss.

- One of them is Tori Kelly. Omg I love her so much. See, Rianne, this is why we’re sisters.

- She’s sang with my Uncle JR Aquino one time. I want to meet her one day.

- Of course, I want to meet Rianne, too. Duh.

- Okay, back to the story.

- It opens up with Emma being all antisocial, but come on, Charlie’s already dressed and all TURN DOWN FOR WHAT. But Emma’s all like um turn down for me ‘cause I don’t wanna go.

- Well too bad girl ‘cause you said you were going and Charlie’s having none of that. She wants you to meet her friends. She wants you to meet Keaton, your future boyfriend and Drew who likes to distract people when he strings guitars shirtless.

- Then there was Drew, who she was the most hesitant talking about. I didn’t imagine the blush that spread over her face like wildfire whenever she mentioned Drew. Yet she wasn’t dating him. It was odd.

- This is the only frustrating thing about this fic. Since Rianne rewinded and is telling us the story of how Emma and Wes hooked up, Drew and Charlie aren’t together.

- THEY. AREN’T. TOGETHER.

- SO WE’RE BACK TO THE SEXUAL TENSION.

- And I’m here just like, I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN YOU GUYS GOT TOGETHER BUT RIANNE WENT BACKWARDS.

- THEY’RE JUST FRIENDS RIGHT NOW.

- FRIENDS.

- JUST. FRIENDS.

- But it’s okay because they eventually get together, but STILL.

- Alright, but this is about Emma and Wes. Gotta focus on them.

- I’d be like Charlie. I’d be like, look girl I’m all dolled up and ready to go and you can’t just flake on me last minute. Like no. Just no, you’re going. I’m dragging you out of here whether you like it or not.

- WELL, IF YOU WERE SO WORRIED ABOUT YOUR EXAM AND MORNING SHIFT, YOU WOULD’VE SAID NO IN THE FIRST PLACE. YOU’RE GOING TO THAT PARTY.

- TURN DOWN FOR WHAT. NOTHING. THAT’S WHAT. END OF STORY.

- Psh, damn straight you’re going.

- Seriously, why tequila. It’s gross and leads to hurtful things. JUST LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO ALEX AND JENNA.

- I like how Charlie just straight up picks out her outfit the moment Emma asks what she should wear. That is me. I would do that.

- If you hang out with me and ask me about what outfit you should wear, I will not hesitate to make you fucking fabulous.

- And then Drew ends up picking them up. Which means a car ride OF SEXUAL TENSION.

- AND CHARLIE’S JUST LIKE FUCK WHY WES WHY.

- AND EMMA SENSES IT. SHE FEELS THE TENSION.

- IF SHE CAN FEEL IT, THEN THOSE TWO MOST DEFINITELY FEEL IT.

- CAN YOU FEEL IT, GUYS. CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT.

- See, Keaton’s surprise shows how Emma’s all antisocial. They’ve heard all about her, but never met her and I’m pretty sure they probably wondered if she was even real at one point.

- DREWSKI. I LOVE ADORABLE NICKNAMES.

- Aww, what? How can you stand up Wesley? He’s so adorable and sweet, like why would you do that. I believe the only reason why she stood him up was because she ended being held at gunpoint. Yep, that’s totally the reason.

- But not to worry, Wes! Emma’s here! :D

- And Emma questions Charlie about Drew and she’s all like oh I’m not sure if he likes me like that. HE DOES LIKE YOU LIKE THAT. HE WROTE YOU A SONG. AND THEN YOU GUYS END UP GETTING TOGETHER. ON VALENTINE’S DAY. AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT AND SERIOUSLY, WHY DID WE GO BACKWARDS.

- Just kidding, Rianne. I like how you’re telling Emma and Wes’ story.

- Even though there’s all this SEXUAL TENSION.

- Charlie’s taking charge ‘cause she’s raw as fuck. She hella bad. She’s a boss-ass bitch.

- You know a guy’s upset if he doesn’t want to play beer pong. Wes is being a grumpy butt right now.

- I still suck at beer pong. When I throw the ball, I end up hitting people in the heads. I wouldn’t even be surprised if I hit myself in the head.

- I have a fear of balls. We’ve talked about this already.

- Ooh, them arms, tho. Instagram straight flexin’.

- NO WES. YOU ARE NOT A LOSER. YOU ARE LOVELY AND ADORABLE.

- WHO NEEDS HER. EMMA’S HERE.

- She changed her mind because she realized that she’s not the one for you and Emma is the better choice. Yes, Emma is perfect for you, Wes.

- Yes, listen to Charlie. You’re a great guy and you deserve better. Like ahem *cough*Emma*cough*. Someone who sees how cute and funny and sweet you are.

- Aw, and he’s still hurt. Poor boo. Does Momma Aliya need to give you a hug?

- “Who wouldn’t want to go on a date with him?”
“So you think he’s dateable? Ooh la la.”
“What? I didn’t say that!”


- Hahaha, Emma got hella caught. She’s into Wes. So into him.

- Looks like Wes is feeling a little better because he’s playing beer pong now. Hope he plays it better than me. psh of course he plays it better everybody plays it better than me

- Liquid Courage or Liquid Confidence? ohohohohoho, references. Stop me please.

- SCREAMS.

- IT’S THE PART WHERE THEY MAKE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC TOGETHER. LIKE SHE PLAYS THE GUITAR AND SHOULDERS ARE TOUCHING AND SEXUAL TENSION.

- CHARLIE SANG A BIT. BUT SHE WAS HOLDING BACK.

- NOW I’M THINKING BACK TO SINCERELY LOVESICK WHEN DREW SAYS SHE HAS A BEAUTIFUL VOICE AND DOESN’T KNOW WHY SHE HIDES IT.

- IT’S BECAUSE DREW MAKES HER NERVOUS. AND DREW IS HERE. MAKING HER NERVOUS.

- And Wes is hella checking her out and Charlie notices this because she’s smart.

- She called it. Charlie is a genius along with Jeremy, Dan, and Tom. And me, of course but we all are aware of that.

- Charlie felt the sexual tension. OF COURSE SHE’S ALSO DEALING WITH ALL THE SEXUAL TENSION BETWEEN HER AND DREW.

- Omg was he waiting outside the door the whole time. Like what if he heard them. But YES, JAM SESSIONS. BACK TO THE JAM SESSION.

- HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO THAT FACE.

- Oh shit, it’s getting serious because now they’re showing her the notebook with all their songs in it and she likes that they trust her enough to show her. I would too because that is some private stuff right thurr.

- Ugh, I hate cleaning up after kick its and parties and stuff. But I always feel the need to help, you know? Like even if I don’t have to, I feel bad for the person that has to do that so I offer assistance. And it’s mostly my cousin hosting the kick it, so I definitely feel the need to help.

- Damn me and my family values.

- Just playin’. Ya’ll know I love my fam.

- Sexual tension while cleaning, too? Shit, you really can’t catch a break huh.

- Unidentified substance. I DON’T WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT SUBSTANCE CAN BE BUT APPARENTLY IT’S BAD ENOUGH THAT SOAP AND WATER AIN’T DOING SHIT.

- Yes, escape the yucky vomit smell and go on the balcony so you can do the making out.

- Stars are beautiful. Who wouldn’t want to see them? Though for me, I have to wear glasses to look at them in their full glory because I’m blind.

- Being nearsighted sucks.

- How can Wes sleep when you’re here, Emma. Sleep is the last thing on his mind because SEXUAL TENSION.

- ...I feel like I’ve said that too much. Let’s make it a drinking game. Reread this live blog and take a shot every time I say sexual tension.

- If you end up dying from alcohol poisoning, I’m sorry.

- Try water. Oh, wait there’s water poisoning. You know what, just do metaphorical water.

- At first I was wondering why Wes didn’t put his jacket over her shoulders but then I remembered he’s not wearing a jacket oops.

- He’s wearing a tank top instead. God fucking dammit, Wes.

- I’m kidding, Wes. We love you showing off your arms.

- You could’ve worn a leather jacket, Emma. Leather jackets are always the best option because you’re not cold and you still look great.

- You didn’t meet her sooner ‘cause she was ~antisocial~ and stuff.

- Oh hush, Emma. You’re interesting in your own way and you shouldn’t compare yourself to other people.

- HELLA CUTE. THOSE ARE WES’ EXACT WORDS. HE SAID SHE WAS HELLA CUTE. LIKE, HEY WES DO YOU WANT TO BE MY BEST FRIEND BECAUSE I SAY HELLA CUTE ALL THE TIME.

- “You can play guitar, you’re nice, and you’re hella cute, what are you talking about?”

- SEE. HE SAID HELLA CUTE.

- I GOT SO HYPED ON THIS.

- He cupped her cheek, he’s going for it and Emma’s like wait do I want this. YES. YOU WANT THIS. YOU WANT THIS BAD. YOU WANT IT HELLA BAD.

- SCREAMING INTERNALLY. AGAIN.

- BECAUSE. THEY. FINALLY. KISSED.

- THEY KISSED UNDERNEATH THE MOONLIGHT.

- AND THAT ACTUALLY FITS THIS TIME. HE KISSED HER.

- AND THEN HE KISSED HER AGAIN.

- But I do have another song for this fic: “Stars Falling Down” by Kina Grannis. Since it fits the whole starry theme and love and stuff. It’s perfect.

- Yesyesyes exchange numbers because you two are so perf and hell yeah Wes wants to know Emma better because YOU TWO ARE WONDERFUL TOGETHER.

- And Drew and Charlie are inside. SEXUAL TENSION. ON THE COUNTER. WHICH IS CLEAN.

- Did you take a shot.

- Oh, they got more than fresh air out there, I’ll tell ya that. Actually from the kissing they did, I don’t think they got much air. But that’s okay because KISSING.

- Aww and she’s thinking of Wes and how amazing he turned out to be. How down-to-earth he is despite being a musician. And duh, of course he’s gonna be your boyfriend because you guys had a connection and there were sparks and a shitload of cuteness.

- YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS ARE NOW.

- WAIT FOR IT.

- YOU GUYS ARE NOW LOVESICK LITTLE SHITS.

- YEAH, I SAID IT. I WENT THERE, RIANNE. YOU KNEW THIS WAS COMING.

- Ahahaha, omg. Charlie being a “nosy bitch”. I laughed at that because I can’t tell you how many times I’ve dealt with people being nosy about my texts.

- Goodnight, Emma. I know it might be too forward to say this but our first date should be to go and see the stars at the beach.

- My heart just melted. That’s the cutest and most perfect first date and what really gets me is it’s because he knows that she misses the stars, so he’s gonna take her to a place where she can look at them. JUST. AWWWWWWW.

- WESLEY STROMBERG: SETTING THE BAR HIGH.

- As I looked up at the night sky for the final time before I walked inside my house, I smiled as I imagined Wes looking out his window and seeing the same view. We’d see the stars together sometime soon and I’d see them reflected in his eyes. Those same eyes that captivated me without any effort. Just one night was all it took for me to realize that people didn’t have to get out of the city to see the stars after all. They just needed someone who was as bright and breathtakingly gorgeous as them.

- Such a gorgeous paragraph. This shows that they were meant for each other because they connected and they’re going to see the stars together. THEY’RE GOING TO SEE THE STARS TOGETHER.

- The city of blinding lights and starry eyes.

- *SINGING* STARS FALLING DOWN AND I FELL FOR YOU.

- FLUFFINESS AND EMBLEM3 AND SEXUAL TENSION. ALL IN ONE PERFECT FIC THAT GIVES ME ALL THESE WARM AND FUZZY GOOD FEELS.

- I’M GLAD I MADE THIS LIVE BLOG BECAUSE I DIDN’T COMMENT AND THIS IS MAKING UP FOR MY STUPIDITY. WHY DIDN’T I COMMENT ON THAT YET. OH WAIT I WAS TOO BUSY WORKING ON MY HAYLIVER BETRAYAL.

- FORGIVE ME, RIANNE. BUT NOW YOU HAVE A LIVE BLOG.

- A LIVE BLOG FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL STORY.

- DROWNING IN HAPPY FEELS. DROWNING UNTIL YOU CARE.

So that was Rianne’s amazing fic. I suggest you read that and then read Sincerely Lovesick afterwards because I know you’ll end up agreeing with me about the SEXUAL TENSION did you take a shot between Drew and Charlotte. Rianne deserved another live blog this week because two just wasn’t enough to prove how awesome and fantabulous she is. She keeps denying it, but we all know she’s an incredible writer that needs to be showered in compliments to realize that her work isn’t just average. Go comment on her work. GO.

Oh, and I made the story page for my happy Melex, Woke Up Alone. Yeah, it doesn’t seem like it’ll be happy, but it is. Trust me. Kinda started on it and was supposed to work on it all day today, but that didn’t happen and this live blog happened and yeah. But anyways, I’m working on that tomorrow. It should be posted this weekend!

Okay, that’s all I had to tell you guys. Hope you enjoyed this live blog as much as my other ones. Well, if you enjoyed them anyway. Alright, I’m out.

Deuces.
April 17th, 2014 at 07:33am