Feeling Neglected.

By my boyfriend, that is.

It's been rough between us for the past couple of days. He's bust with AwesomeCon (what the fuck is that shit anyways? I do not understand the appeal of comic conventions or what-have-you) and it's just honestly been pissing me off, and I don't know why.

I'm honestly more hurt by the fact he blew off our Skype date tonight to go get sushi with friends. We've planned this Skype date since last Friday, because he'll be gone all weekend at the damn con and I can forget about us Skype-ing when he's sharing a hotel room with three other people.

I don't want to start a fight but damn, he knows it bugs me when he blows off our plans like it doesn't matter to him. My boyfriend - as much as I love him - does have problems with being told he's wrong. It's not really all of his fault, because that's just how his grandmother raised him, and it's hard to undo 22 years of damage, despite the fact we've been dating for well over three.

And I think the distance is starting to get to me. I'm kind of afraid to sit here and get my hopes up that we'll see each other soon. He says it'll happen in July, and I want to believe him, I really do, but he's only kept our plans twice in the three and a half years we've been dating.

I just wish he'd pay me half as much attention as he does to comic cons or concerts. I know he's got a busy life, between school and doing...well whatever it is that he does, but it does make me feel super neglected when he does this.

Sigh. Thanks for letting me vent, Mibba.
April 18th, 2014 at 05:49am