Puttin' My Own 2 Cents in Because I'm Actually Annoyed About It

will my blog get deleted because my title isn't capitalized? Probably.

I usually stay away from the Mibba Wars that keep recurring every now and then and just read everyone's blogs with an amused expression, but this one I'm actually annoyed at because I think it's stupid to delete blogs (or condemn anyone) just because something isn't capitalized or words are spelled wrong. My current blog title (most of my blog titles, really) are never going to be capitalized because, well, I just don't want them to. Why is it SUCH a big deal that things aren't capitalized or words aren't spelled correctly to the point where you just go and DELETE them? If I really cared that much about my goddamn capitalization, it wouldn't have been like that in the first place.

and you know, the chapter titles in my stories aren't capitalized either (though the story layout may beg to differ), if you look at the actual raw story with no layouts or anything, my chapter titles are all lower cased and I don't see the damn police rainin' down on me.

I don't remember what the other part of this "war" is about, but it's the blog stuff that bothers me the most. Like, honestly, what happens when blogs aren't following grammar rules and whatnot? I understand if it's like typos every other word (to the point where you can barely understand) or something like that, but I read WASSUP.'s last blog and every sentence of hers started with a lower case letter, but like, who cares??????????????????? You can still read it and understand it???????????? Who is offended by it? Or who is angered by it? Like who is so angry about such tiny little thing to the point where blogs need to be deleted, is my question? Even banning chatspeak is stupid, in my own opinion, because I like writing like that for shits and giggles, but that part is just me so I'm not gonna rant about it.

The only time I ever had my blog get deleted is because I was ranting about some law and I "bashed" "middle aged white men" for like one sentence (I'm going to assume a white person got offended by that part enough to delete my whole blog but I ain't bringin' up another issue about it), but I guess I never had a problem with the blog rules. But honestly though, let us do what we want in the blogs (it's called a blog for a reason) because there literally nothing wrong in speaking and typing the way that we want to. There is literally no benefit whatsoever from deleting a blog because of its capitalization "errors" and I think that's where the Staff is wrong and need be changed.

Okay, carry on.

xo, Raveena
April 18th, 2014 at 07:16am