"Your Fanfic Can Cause a Celebrity to-" Hunny, Shut Up

We, as authors, need a way to protect ourselves from troll commenters. I absolutely detest when people try really hard on a fanfiction and then people just shoot it down because (top three reasons I see)

- You can't ship those two people. It doesn't work / They're not gay
- Men can't get pregnant
- If *insert celeb name here* reads it they could OD / commit suicide

People need to realise.. Tom Hiddleston isn't going to sit at his computer one day and go
"Oh I'm bored.... Let's read some Thorki fanfiction"
Bands do it once and then just disappear from it because it scares them.

It's something that majorly pisses me off.
My friend wrote a Spencer Smith fanfic where he died of an OD (before his drug abuse was known) and then everyone had a go at her when it did come out and she seriously harmed herself because of it. She was in hospital for three weeks because of trolls.

Spencer isn't going to read fanfictions, especially ones where he dies from an overdose. It's common sense and I think we need more active ways of blocking people when things like this happens. I'm sick of constantly explaining to someone that no I don't want *insert name here* to die from suicide/OD/etc, that it's a story I wrote mainly for entertainment (heart breaking) purposes and just ugh. I've deleted many a story in my time from negative feedback, thrown many to the back of my mind and ignored them (i.e. Andy Biersack / Justin Bieber {bc Bieber doesn't "like emo shits like Biersack"]).

Can we please come up with something? Like a block button? I think that would be helpful.
April 18th, 2014 at 06:28pm