Air Force || I Need Some Advice From Military Wives/Girlfriends/Boyfriends

So I started talking to this guy about a month ago, and he's in the air force. I like him a lot, and I can tell he likes me a lot, too. I just need some advice to let me know that I'm not crazy and what to do to keep my mind off of things.

I don't know why I don't think I can handle it. I guess I'm just not used to not getting to talk to him as much because when we first started talking, he got a couple days off early and I got to talk to him a lot, but since he's been really busy I haven't been able to. I don't mind, because I know he's working and when he's not working he's sleeping. He has a terrible shift, by the way. He goes in to work at 3:00PM and gets off at work at 2:00am. (In military time that's 15:00 to 2:00.)

I just want to know how other people who have dated and/or married someone in the military dealt with the time their significant other was working or gone. It's a lot to get used to, and I'm getting the hang of it. I cherish every chance we get to talk when we can. I just need something to keep my mind off of thinking "What if a jet ran him over?" or "What if he got in trouble trying to text/call me?" Haha.

I knew what I was getting myself into when we stated that we were officially talking, because he told me that he's not like normal boyfriends. He gets to talk to me when he's off or on break. He's also the military's property now, so I have to share him with the military. I'm used to having to share with the military because my father was in the navy for twenty years. I guess that's different, but I don't really know. If you can help me, please do. It's okay if you can't.
April 19th, 2014 at 04:10am