Stupid Oceans

This is not some blog about global warming or tsunamis, but something much, much worse.

Shipping costs.

Not the cost of all those dvd's and posters and the ruining of your entire life because of your OTP, but the insane amounts of money places charge you to ship something that is tiny and is light as a feather over the sea.
Yes, shipping something does cost a fair amount because of the vehicle used and petrol and the people who do the work, but I believe paying 3 times the amount of the product to get it to you is really stupid.
Many times, after convincing my parents to get me a t-shirt or something from America, we have to look up shipping prices and find out it costs nearly $50, so i can never end up getting it. It really sucks.

It also sucks because a lot of the things I find you can only buy from certain shops (*cough, cough* Hot Topic *cough*) and the shipping is always expensive unless you buy $200 worth of stuff. The stuff is usually only available from there or other places in America where they also charge you a lot for shipping.

Why can't it be cheap and reasonable? The products are at a good price... so why not the shipping.

I've found this a big problem with some of my friends, even in Australia the shipping can be super expensive. I mean, there are a lot of national and inter-national customers but you're just pushing them away and not making any money because they feel ripped off.

Geez

What's the highest you've had to pay for shipping something?
April 19th, 2014 at 08:08am