Everyone I Love Is Leaving

These past few days Mibba has seen a shit storm of drama. I don't even pretend to understand half of it. Hell, I haven't been around long enough to know. But the fact that it's making some of the people I feel closest to want to leave the site is breaking my heart. I don't want to try and convince them to stay - that would be selfish. But I can't help the feeling of sorrow I have over losing them. It's, like, I lurked around Mibba for a long time, too scared to reach out, terrified of posting my own work, afraid of getting picked apart and left vacant and vulnerable. Then I finally put on my big girl panties and started communicating with people. I started writing again when I had thought that part of my life was over. It was like things were finally turning around and now... I just don't even know how to feel. Part of me sincerely hopes that these people change their minds. That if, nothing else, they'll still be around to chat with even though I will miss reading their work more than I can say. Maybe part of me hopes that we will somehow come together in another community - though that feels a bit like a pipe dream. I guess there really was no point to this blog except for me to express my sadness. Stay gold, friends. Don't forget about me, yeah?
April 20th, 2014 at 03:21am