seahaven;

Hello again today, friends! You might have seen my earlier blog about seahaven; 's winning contest entry. In that blog, I said that another one of her prizes was a blog about her as a user. So, after asking her a few questions, here it is!


The Questions

*Italics are her quoted responses. Any normal text is a response of mine.

1. When did you start writing?
I've been writing since I was around eight or nine. I didn't start posting my stuff online until I was about fifteen though.

2. How long have you been on Mibba? Do you post your writing on any other sites?
I've been on Mibba since 2011. I had a different username though. I used to post on Wattpad and Quizilla but I haven't posted on either of those in a really long time.

3. Is there anything that constantly inspires you to write?
Music. Music is one of my biggest inspirations. Sometimes I'll listen to a certain song and it'll spark an idea that is usually transformed into a story. *grins* Music is the best. Love, love, love.

4. Do you prefer writing original fiction versus fan fiction? What fan fiction do you enjoy writing?
Lately I've been on an original fiction kick. If anyone has been keeping up with my stories they'll know I haven't updated any of my fan fiction, and have even deleted a couple stories, in a while. Sometimes I'll write fan fiction for contests. When I do it's usually Pierce the Veil related. While I'm sad to see you lose interest in fan fiction, I'm glad to see you writing what you want to. And Pierce the Veil is the fucking bomb.

5. What is your favorite genre to write?
I guess tragedy? I don't know...I've seen a reoccuring theme in my writings. Usually the main guy, if it's fan fiction, turns into an abusive asshole at some point in the story. I don't know what my obsession with tragedy and violence is. Well I love reading tragedy, and you do it well. Keep writing it; stay weird. :)

6. What is the biggest challenge you face when writing?
I think the biggest challenge I've ever faced was asking myself if people are going to like what I post. I know you're supposed to write for yourself but I do enjoy feedback. *nods of agreement*

7. Would you ever pursue writing as a career?
I was actually in college and was going for a major in Creative Writing until I dropped out in Fall of 2012. I would like to pursue it though; possibly in the future. You go, girl!

8. Besides writing, what are your other hobbies/interests?
Since I'm a mother of a seven month old, I don't really have much time to myself. Most of my writing is done from my phone and the little bit of free time I get on Wednesdays and Sundays. My other time is spent with my son. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

9. Any particular stories of yours that you'd like to promote?
I would love to promote my gay fiction. I have a series going on right now about a group of kids and they each have a little short story to them. The first story, well the prequel, is called Cherry Flavored Cigarettes. It was originally written for a contest and explains how two of the main characters, Hunter and Asher, met and how their relationship got to where it is 8 months later when 'Hunter' begins. I'd love to have more readers and more feedback on that series because it's my main focus right now. Seriously. Go read it. All of it. You won't regret it. In fact, take time and read all of her writing. I mean it.

10. Is there anything else you'd like to share about yourself?
Nope...I wouldn't want to bore people lol...seriously though. That's it ::cute: :P Fine then. Not boring however, fabulous.

And thus concludes my interview with the fabulous seahaven;. Be sure to check out all of her writing including the series mentioned above!

xoxo
Laura
April 21st, 2014 at 01:06am