*Usual "First Blog Post Ever, Oh My Glob, Guys!" Title*

Hello there, fellow internet friends,

Let's start with some details. I feel awkward writing without a little introduction to you all. I have little wriggles in my stomach from the exciting prospect of creativity, how lame.

My name is Abigail. I'm a bit too tall, and I dye my hair all kinds of shades of red. Scarlets, infras, pillarbox etc. Currently it's a plum and it makes me feel powerful. I go to film school in the dodgy part of town in a pink warehouse. Everyone is nice there. I hope to one day write scripts like Charlie Kauffman or Wes Anderson. They're beautiful.

I'm a difficult mix of ethereal and sharp. Like a floating axe or some other forced analogy. I struggle with analogies. Don't expect them from me.

I love film. To death. More than shows, but I also love my shows.

I love my music most of all. I love my shoe gaze bands and my post-punk. I love my 60's garage and my twee indie. I'm selfish with my music.

I like all kinds of history, and have lots of old novels on them. I'm also selfish with my knowledge.

I used to love poetry when I was striving to become well-rounded as a person. Then I realised
That of course
I'm a poet; if
I just
Type
Like this I am
Of course
A poet after
All
I still hold a soft spot for Hardy and Larkin.

Now I'm 18. I have a lovely person who spoons me tight when I'm have a burst of absolute frustration and kisses my forehead when I don't like the way my dress hangs on me. They shelter me from my demons and I, them. They keep me safe.

So that wraps it up. I hope i am still an entrancing enigma for you all, a delicious vague and elusive figure behind carefully typed words. Which is good. Because I don't know who the fuck I'm trying to be this year.

With premature love and affection that will last a Mibbatime,
Abigail. xxx.
April 21st, 2014 at 03:26pm