A Proper Use of Foundation, Please.

A few weeks ago, I went to Dublin for the second time. I’ve been there before, just a few years ago when it was still illegal for me to enter clubs and to drink beer.

So, since my friends and I were ‘mature’ according to the Irish law, we decided to go around Temple Bar on a Saturday night to drink some beers. We were in Ireland to visit a few friends, so we already had met some stereotypical Irish men before. They aren’t really different from us, Belgians, except that it is hard to find an Irish man with nice teeth and without ginger hair. But Irish girls, that's another story.

A friend of ours wanted to see us, but he was in a fancy club. We aren’t really the type to go clubbing, but we really wanted to meet up with him. At that point we made the terrible decision to stand in an incredibly long line to enter Alchemy while joining a group of girls that could have been easily cast for a Geordie Shore episode.

As we were waiting I had enough time to observe the people and I couldn’t get over the fact that all the girls wore a ton and a half of foundation on their faces. I actually remembered at that point that every girl or woman puts too much make-up on her face in Ireland. It’s fucking ugly. Why don't they see that?
They all look like clowns or people with skin diseases. Make-up needs to be used to correct some tiny problems in your face, like a zit. Not to give you a facelift.
And they think they are gorgeous as well and act like bitches.
It only got worse when some boys tried to take some selfies with us. I think they were a bit offended that they didn’t get any attention. So they decided to push us out of the queue and before we all wanted to start a riot, our other Irish friends decided to leave the line to go to a pub. Thank god.
In that pub there were less girls with painted faces. But some guy stole my beer. I haven’t decided yet what was worse.
April 22nd, 2014 at 05:09pm