I Think Babies Ruin the Story

So I just finished this two book series called The Edge of Never/Always. I loved, loved, loved the first book and the second book I brought...yesterday? Or Sunday and semi finished it today.

Spoiler alert I guess. At the end of book one the main character found out she was pregnant and in book two she miscarried. I had mixed feelings about her being knocked up because like when people go on about their real life pregnancies and babies and their own kids, I don't care to listen and so all of that talk in the book was just whatever to me.

But when she miscarried, it was a good plot twist. And it was emotional as they both had to cope with the lost but it was something more to the main character because she had always dealt with loss.

Anyways after a few chapter it went back to the road trip part of the story and then they got married and brought a house and then i lost interest. Right after the home warming party, in the next chapter she was in labor and there was not talk or mention of her being pregnant again which ticked me off and that is when I lost interest and stopped reading word and word and started skimming it.

Bye bye road trips and being spontaneous and all that.

I think what really bothered me the most was that the author just started to rush. There was nothing about her being pregnant again and really that would have made for a good emotional journey with them. She just lost a baby so like let her find out and then worry if she will lose this baby.

I hate that the author jumped to the labor part and just started...like tying up lose ends and shit.

Ugh. That would have made for a good third book. i wouldn't have read it but at least she wouldn't have rushed it.

I don't know. I just think when a character gets pregnant it ruins the story. I don't see it adding to anything at all.

Well this journal is more about me being pissed that the author rushed at the end of the book than babies ruining the story. But that is part of the reason I stopped reading another series besides the fact that main character was dumb.

But yeah I'm disappointed with how this series ended.
April 23rd, 2014 at 12:41am