I Want to Write, But I'm Fresh Out of Inspiration

The only things I'm able to write these days are angsty Vechs oneshots and halfassed sci-fis about tragic murders and the end of the Universe. I'm tired of that. I want to write something big, something amazing, something that's never been written about before.

So I've created a story. It doesn't have a name and there's almost nothing to it yet.

The end of Andy Petersen came in the form of a grinning knife and the dance of late-morning sunlight on Plexiglas windows too high above his face to focus on. He wasn't afraid, he had never been afraid. There was a little twinge of nerve in the back of his mind, though, that didn't let him be brave, and he cried and he cried until there were no more tears to cry.

And just like that, he was dead.

No one likes a tale that begins with the end, so I'll explain from the beginning. I'll tell you about Andy, everything you could ever want to know about him, everything he loved and everything he hated, everything from which he ran and everything he yearned for.

The end of Andy Petersen was only a raindrop, but it was a raindrop that tipped the scales for better or for worse, for fire or for ice, for light or for shadow.

You're never as important as when you're dead.


It's definitely sci-fi, but not in my usual sense. I want to blast this out in full, gory, chaotic awesomeness. I want it to be the best thing I've ever written, go on for 50 thousand words and never stop being good. I want something like that. I know it can be done.

Because pasted content doesn't count towards the hundred words...

It's about a rather odd man by the name of Andy Petersen: a dissociative-identity/multiple-personality patient in a futuristic mental hospital. By this point in time, many things have been discovered (the cure to cancer, the secret to teleportation, and other goodies), but with those discoveries have come more problems: diseases, technical difficulties with teleporting and other transportation, and things one might expect to get in the way as society progresses.

I'd like to expand on this. Let me know if you have any ideas to help me out.

- Vechs
April 23rd, 2014 at 02:27am