The Hatred of Dark Skin and Eyes

I personally have come to embrace anything that is dark, but most of the world, ESPECIALLY black people themselves, absolutely hate anything that is too dark. Unless it's the phone case, or their nail polish, or the rims of their cars or even their hair color.

There was post in the Dylan O'Brien tag saying;

I don't know why people hate brown eyes so much, Dylan's eyes are so pretty. This was what I replied with:

"Some people think Dylan’s eyes are pretty because they’re a lighter shade of brown. But I think people would still love him even if they were a darker shade. Just not his eyes. Not to mention that he’s a white male who is very attractive. It all stems from persons hatred of anything that is darker, which is all caused by European Beauty Standards (the lighter the better).

For example, dark skinned women (especially dark skinned women) like me. If you do an experiment, you’ll even find that black women with lighter eyes are seen as more attractive than black women with dark eyes.

I’ve already seen people replace Dylan’s eyes with blue eyes basically day dreaming of how much more “perfect” he would be if he had blue eyes."


It was painful to see people replace Dylan's eyes with lighter eyes because they thought he would have look better. This is how the world is and it sucks.
April 23rd, 2014 at 05:02pm