Sex Is Not Everything. Get Back to the Story Please!

After I posted the baby story journal I just remembered another thing in books that annoy me, but I decided it would be too soon to post it so I'm posting it now.

So yeah I read a lot of erotica and I know sex is a thing in the books which is what I'm looking for and all. But too much sex is not always if at all, a good thing.

I know with this genre you need to set your story up with the beginning and getting the two characters to meet and have that instant attraction and build up chemistry and pent up sexual frustration or whatever, but when they finally get the sex part, the long awaited sex part it's just after that that's what the chapters are. Just full of sex and the characters, the characters then start to talk and act like two random people who decided to hook up at the bar.

I mean the first time sex scene it's not treated like this magical, first time, special moment and that is fine and all because it can get overrated. But I mean just the chapters before it the character, mostly the female lead, is just adamant to not have sex and when it happens she is just insta comfortable with the guy and they just start acting like strangers who are just looking for a one time fling with the way they talk and what not.

And yeah the chapters after the first sex scene is just sex like every five pages and I'm just thinking to myself, where's the story or was that it? I mean it's just sex until near the end so some random climax (no pun intended) can happen and then they either break up or.....well so far that's what I have been reading. It ends with a cliffhanger of the female finding out some secret of the guy and she runs away or something.

I mean it's only been a handful of times where the sex doesn't dominate the whole story, but more often then not I somehow manage to purchase a book that is smut more or less.

I still like this genre, but I mean...you know with a lot of genre, it has its common......uh theme I guess.
April 23rd, 2014 at 06:06pm