Let's Have a Science Lesson About E-Cigs

Since this lovely little subject has decided to hit the roof, let me tell all of my friends about E-Cigs. I have seen some comments saying: "E-Cigs are a lot more dangerous for you than real cigarettes." Bullshit. "They should just disclose the ingredients and ban them for the kids that smoke."

Alright. Let me give everyone a little science lesson. Jake smokes the E-Cigs. On his juice bottle the ingredients are:

-Propylene Glycol
-Vegetable Glycerin
-Flavoring
-Nicotine

That is is. Propylene Glycol is in your hair gels and mouth washes along with some foods we eat. It is what helps the product have a sort of goopy texture.

Vegetable Glycerin is used in Laxatives and Soaps for people with sensitive skin because it doesn't dry it out. Either way, your body is sucking it into itself from the skin.

Flavoring is just that, flavoring. Tons of people use all kinds of flavoring in baking.

And well, Nicotine is that disgusting little plant everyone is making such a big fuss about. A pack of cigarettes contain around 8-20 mg of Nicotine. In a whole bottle of E-Cig juice that can last Jake up to around two weeks or more, only has 18 MG.

So if you think of a pack a day smoker, they are smoking around 112 mg of Nicotine when E-Cig juice is only 18 mg for around two weeks.

Do not tell me that E-Cigs are worse than Cigarettes. Do your damn homework. Sorry for the rant. It just fired me up a little.
April 24th, 2014 at 09:33pm