This Blog is Full of Good News! (And Pictures of My Kitten!)

Image

You guys remember when I posted this blog? About a story I was going to write, but someone told me that there was another story on this site, and we had similar summaries and the such.

I was thankful that the user pointed it out to me, so I wouldn't get accused of plagiarism and have my work taken down, but, as another user pointed out, I could Google the story title and see if it was posted on any other websites. And bingo! It was.

I contacted the author on Archive of Our Own and explained the situation. She told me that she gave up on that story after a few chapters because it didn't interest her anymore, and she's given me the okay to write it, even if our summaries are similar. She was really cool and seemed nice.
I'm really excited to write more about it. I stopped for a few days, just because of that whole ordeal, but yay!
Also, a few weeks ago, I posted about how my older sister is pregnant and she was due on the 29th, but if my niece or nephew hadn't came by then, she was going to be induced by the 3rd of May. Wellll, today was her 39 week check up and her water broke! Right there as the doctor was checking to see if she had dilated anymore.

My mom and dad are making their way to Texas now. My niece/nephew will be here either tonight or tomorrow. I'm really excited for my sister, but also kinda bummed that I won't get to meet the little guy/gal until they come up to visit.
My wonderful story Bad Blood has over 100 readers! I know, to some, 100 readers isn't jack squat but to me, it's awesome! I'm so proud of myself and my story for getting past that milestone.

Image
Pretty much what I did when I saw that. I was so happy. :D
And here are some pictures of little Vera with our dog, Lupin.

Image
Image
They're slowly warming up to one another. I think Lupin knows that Vera is a baby and he can't play with her (or eat her), just yet.
Image
Annd Vera likes to give the stink-eye for pictures.

So much cuteness though. I love my furbabies.
April 25th, 2014 at 01:31am